Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-05-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Elizabeth

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know that they kept the Savage / Jake feud going after This Tuesday in Texas, always thought the bit in Royal Rumble 92 was just a nice bit of "afters" or continuity a la Tito vs. Ric Martel every single year.

I liked the vague hint of jealousy from Randy after Liz claimed she might even feel a bit sorry for Jake.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Savage doesn't disappoint here. I'd have liked just a touch more anger toward Jake, but unlike at Tuesday in Texas, revenge isn't the sole focus here. My favorite line: "I wanna go back to the top of the mountain so I can see better!" Who else can use a line like that and still come off as a tough guy?

Liz was good here too. I liked the line about feeling sorry for Jake, and don't forget the first part: "Considering how Randy feels about him......." This was the closest thing to a warning Liz ever delivered, at least that I saw.

Curt's line asking if Liz would leave Savage if he didn't win the Rumble seemed typical. I hope we get to hear more from Curt as a commentator this year so I can judge how good he is. He sounds like he could be above average at least.

Typical horny Vince here: he considers Jake slapping Liz a lot more heinous than him threatening Randy with another potential cobra bite. The only reason that I'm glad Liz finally leaves for good after Mania is so I don't have to hear Vince drool all over her ever again.

I don't remember a Savage/Hogan confrontation at the Rumble, but it'll be interesting to go back and see if he pairs off with Taker or Sid at some point in light of this interview.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-01-05-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Elizabeth