Photo

Interview: Rick Rude & Paul E. Dangerously (WCW Saturday Night 01/04/92)

WCW Saturday Night January 4 1992 Rick Rude Paul E. Dangerously Paul Heyman Dangerous Alliance

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43531 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43531 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

Great interview. Paul E. references Magnum TA and says Sting was this close to suffering the same fate at the hands of Rude. I like the serious Paul E. much more than the one who tries too hard to be cowardly. Rude was really good too.

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4048 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Yeah Loss is right about this being a great interview. Did this ever lead to a Rude/Sting match with Paul E handcuffed to Magnum? And what's the deal with Rude's right cheek? Looks like his mouth got cut open.

#4 glea diddy

glea diddy
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Excellent interview, in particular Paul E's part with the referencing of Magnum. This does a great job building anticipation for Rude/Sting and Rude/Steamboat.

#5 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9111 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

This was an awesome interview. I wonder though how much did the Magnum TA reference went over the audiences head.

#6 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

I agree this was a good interview, but it was also kind of dark. Bringing up the heritage of the US belt and Magnum TA's accident is pretty great pyschology for 1992. Dangerous Alliance are probably my favourite stable of all time.

#7 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

This promo was intense. As said many times before, the Magnum callbacks were fantastic and grim.

#8 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8899 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Intense promo from Paul E., and you gotta love dropping Magnum TA in it. Paul was as good as a serious promo as he was as a comedic one, just like Cornette.

#9 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2147 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Paul was awesome here, and like everyone else has said the Magnum TA references were great.

#10 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5158 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Paul E has words for Sting and he isn't kidding around -- calling back to Magnum TA and Sting facing the same fate. Rude also delivers his standard quick promo on Sting and Steamboat, which is also awesome. Really fun, quick mic work.

#11 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9299 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Very intense, heated words from Paul E. and Rude. Paul E. won't be satisfied until Sting is permanently broken down just like Magnum T.A. Rude continues to hype the Ricky Steamboat feud and the big Steamboat/Madusa confrontation.

#12 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

This is Paul's best promo since he returned to managing. Serious, calm, and oh so deadly. You know that he, Rude, and the rest of the DA aren't kidding around now, if they ever were to begin with. We didn't even really need Rude here, although he does an excellent job putting over both his current feud (Sting) and the one that's just now heating up (Steamer).

I would think that most of the fans who cared to know about Magnum and his accident did, so using him this way wasn't too obscure for them. I don't recall Magnum becoming involved in this angle, but I wasn't following WCW very closely at the time.

#13 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10355 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Ill be interested to see when Rude pivots from Sting to Steamboat as his main focal point. This was a demented and devious promo by Paul E and really effective at creating peril for the big face to overcome. Rude and Paul E are an excellent pair here. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WCW, Saturday Night, January 4, 1992, Rick Rude, Paul E. Dangerously, Paul Heyman, Dangerous Alliance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users