Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-04-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Rick Rude & Paul E. Dangerously

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Great interview. Paul E. references Magnum TA and says Sting was this close to suffering the same fate at the hands of Rude. I like the serious Paul E. much more than the one who tries too hard to be cowardly. Rude was really good too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is Paul's best promo since he returned to managing. Serious, calm, and oh so deadly. You know that he, Rude, and the rest of the DA aren't kidding around now, if they ever were to begin with. We didn't even really need Rude here, although he does an excellent job putting over both his current feud (Sting) and the one that's just now heating up (Steamer).

I would think that most of the fans who cared to know about Magnum and his accident did, so using him this way wasn't too obscure for them. I don't recall Magnum becoming involved in this angle, but I wasn't following WCW very closely at the time.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Paul really knocks it out of the park on this promo. There's no doubt at all that he is the biggest threat WCW has faced in a while. Rude does well with his part, but Paul came off as a guy who had no reservations about sinkingto whatever level he had to in order to get rid of Sting.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-01-04-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Rick Rude & Paul E. Dangerously