Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-01-25-WWF-Superstars] Tatanka vignette

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is it just me or could these vids have just as effectively set him up to come in as a heel, almost taken straight from Last of the Mohicans?

The one at the tail end of '91, DEFINITELY. I don't know if the matches would have been any good but Tatanka as an anti-American heel trying to take out Duggan and Slaughter sounds awesome on paper. They're going for the same vibe here as the El Matador vignettes, but these are better, with a bit better delivery from Tatanka.

• 2 years later...

As usual, Pete's on the money with the similarities between these vignettes and the ones for El Matador. The thing is, we don't know Chris Chavis/Tatanka, so they don't mean as much as they did for Tito. They're more like the Skinner vignettes; Keirn talking about wrestling reptiles is nice, but how will that help him wrestle people? Maybe if we'd seen Tatanka as Chris Chavis, a wrestler who just happens to be a Native American, for a few months, then had vignettes like this, they'd mean more, because we'd know that Chavis has to do stuff like this in order to toughen up and survive in the WWF.

I think both Chavis' and Tito's delivery was about the same; how good can one sound doing wooden dialogue like this in a studio during post-production?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I still don't get what wrestling in the WWF will do to achieve the goals of any of the characters referenced in this thread. DIdn't Nash at one point start asking why everyone in the WWF had to have some sort of defining profession instead of just being wrestlers?

• GSR changed the title to [1992-01-25-WWF-Superstars] Tatanka vignette