Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-16-UWA] Silver King & El Texano & Gran Hamada vs Negro Casas & Dr Wagner Jr & Mike Lozansky

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

This is closer to Michinoku Pro than Hamada's UWF. Crazy fast pacing, great spots and action, effective comedy ... this has it all. You have to love the Casas/Wagner/Lozansky celebratory strut at the end of the second fall. Also, Negro Casas continues to be phenomenal, and I think it's a toss-up between him and Liger at this point for best in the world. That's an early claim, things can and will probably change as the year progresses.

This is an interesting contrast to Salvaje/Sevilla, if only because while that's another good match, and Bestia Salvaje is an excellent wrestler, Casas is so far above him. Cowboys do some amazing high-flying spots -- some synchronized, some not.

Never a dull moment, and lucha MOTY so far.

• 4 weeks later...

This was a great sprint. Casas and the Cowboys were so amzaing. Since the Benoit/Jericho comparison has been made on the working the Lucha. I thought Lozansky seemed like he grasped Lucha more than the other 2. Overall just some awesome stuff here.

• 1 year later...

Lozansky was just there if anything but was barely of notice outside of the funny team strut. He sure didn't hurt things though. Don't think he really needed to offer much anyways as Casas was excellent for his team. Loved how quick guys moved in this match with Silver King and El Texano looking great too. Been some pretty darn good lucha matches so far in 1992.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, a trios match from Mexico that seems worthy of standing alongside the Dangerous Alliance and Misawa/Jumbo matches. I dug this a ton, but, then again, it's five of the best in the world along with Mike Lozansky, and it's not like Lozansky does anything to kill the flow (although he seemed to take his sweet time finishing off Hamada in the second fall).

• 5 months later...

Casas takes a slick quebrada early on, though the highlight for me was Casas vs. Silver King in the second fall. The rudos' celebration after winning that fall was also just awesome and one of those little things that goes a long way towards making a good match great. I know we're only getting the cream of the crop on the yearbook, but I am loving the lucha on here thus far.

• 4 months later...

I thought Lozansky (about whom I know nothing) kept up just fine. Not in much but he kept up with some pretty dizzying sequences. Los Cowboys have easily been the lucha highlights in the first part of 1992, just as Los Brazos were the standouts of '91. I think we have two guys building a very strong Tag Team of the Year case. The rudos take the second fall and do a triple Fargo strut afterward, which is about the high spot of the year. This is a total balls-to-the-wall sprint that's about the STIFFEST lucha trios match I've seen. Los Cowboys throw some pretty wicked clotheslines and their dives look hurty on top of looking spectacular. Lots of bombs thrown by both teams in addition to all the high-flying.

As much as I'm loving them, am I the only one with major trouble telling Silver King and Texano apart?

• 2 years later...

No, you're not, Pete. I can't tell them apart either.

This is another one of those lucha trios matches I got nothing out of. The action was too fast and too flippy-floppy. I don't much care for the style in the first place, so it has to go some in order to impress me, and this didn't. Match of the Year? Best workers in the world? Not from where I'm sitting by a longshot. Throw in some mat wrestling, some identifiable heel spots (eye rakes, choking, use of chairs, etc.), and some English commentary to help me make sense of it all and you might have something average.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-02-16-UWA] Silver King & El Texano & Gran Hamada vs Negro Casas & Dr Wagner Jr & Mike Lozansky