Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-29-USWA-TV] Jeff Jarrett & Jerry Lawler & Junkyard Dog vs The Moondogs & Big Black Dog / Interview: Richard Lee

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Another crazy brawl. Not at the level of some of the other ones. It would seem easy to blame JYD & Big Black Dog for that, but I think the bigger issue is just that this feud was at his best when it's either Jarrett & Lawler or Jarrett & Fuller teaming.

Richard Lee is interviewed backstage at MSC after the match, where Big Black Dog is selling a bad knee injury, and Lee vows revenge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

JYD was pretty useless but this brawl was otherwise on the level of all the others, with some crazy shots with chairs, trash can lids, wooden boards, and window shutters. Great ending as Jarrett and JYD crotch Big Black Dog on the post and all three babyfaces just brutalize his knee with chairs. Jarrett figure-fours the Dog and Lawler just whales away on the leg with the chair until he submits. You wouldn't expect a Moondogs match to end on a submission but they made it work perfectly.

Lee cuts what is probably his strongest promo yet. The Moondogs are going to pay Lawler and Jarrett back fivefold.

• 3 months later...

Tons of hard weapons shots. I don't think I've ever seen window shutters used as a weapon before, they make a great visual with wood flying everywhere. Jeff hits an incredibly high dropkick on the Big Black Dog and then goes to town on him with chairshots. BBD is pretty terrible. Lots of people in the front row seem to be sitting on their hands, even with all the nuttiness going on. Good promo by Lee afterwards.

• 2 years later...

The brawl was almost ECW-like, with the goofy weapons used. Window shutters? Are you kidding?

I was watching mostly to see how JYD fared in this no-holds-barred type of environment, but other than helping Jeff crotch BBD, he really didn't do a whole lot of any note.

Spotty in particular looked like a walking heart attack (which, sadly enough, he eventually was).

As Loss said, this feud's really better with four than six, so the need for the third man on each side had to be eliminated. Boy, did BBD's leg take a brutal pounding the likes of which faces, even angry ones, seldom give. I'm not sure whether BBD submitted or the referee simply called things off because BBD obviously couldn't defend himself anymore.

Lee's getting stronger on the mic, but his words ring hollow as a result of the beating his guys just finished taking. I'll be interested to see just what his revenge for Jeff and the King consists of.

I know he's trying to convey disgust, but did Corey have to call the Dogs, the promotion's number one heels at the moment, "stupid"? If they're so stupid and easily dismissed, how come they're beating the pants off of Jeff and Lawler every chance they get and getting away with it?

• 2 years later...

Jarrett's dropkick was huge. And completely out of place in this match. :) Lawler and Jarrett give the match and the feud some layers by taking out BBD's leg. I'd say that was Puerto Rico levels of babyface violence, which gets two big thumbs up from me. If I had a time machine with limited uses, 1992 Memphis would definitely be a stop just to see some of this live.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-02-29-USWA-TV] Jeff Jarrett & Jerry Lawler & Junkyard Dog vs The Moondogs & Big Black Dog / Interview: Richard Lee