Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-GWF] Joe Pedicino's News Room

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not ashamed to admit this--I thought the Dark Patriot was the coolest gimmick in wrestling. I'd never heard of an evil doppelganger gimmick before and him finishing guys off with the "Scud Missile" as opposed to the Patriot Missile just enhanced it.

Pedicino does a good job of balancing kayfabe with paying respects when he talks of the death of Tojo Yamamoto. Take note, Larry Z.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice that the GWF acknowledged the deaths of Sawyer and Tojo, neither of whom ever drew a check from them. It's also nice that they reminded everyone that even someone like Tojo was a human being with a family. I wonder what they did for him in Memphis, where he was both so hated and so loved (at various times) for so long.

Bruce Prichard's getting a big push as the GWF's top manager. I can't comment much on his stable (though Big Bad John really seems like a stiff), but I wonder if Vince had any idea of the potential that he let get away. Brother Love might have been something interesting if they'd kept him at ringside.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bruce Prichard's getting a big push as the GWF's top manager. I can't comment much on his stable (though Big Bad John really seems like a stiff), but I wonder if Vince had any idea of the potential that he let get away. Brother Love might have been something interesting if they'd kept him at ringside.

Bruce said on his show that there was talk about bringing him back as "Bobby Heenan, Jr." to manage Ric Flair, since Heenan was done managing and only broadcasting by this point. Ultimately Vince didn't like the idea, given his history with not liking "Junior". They could have gotten around that by just calling him Bruce Heenan.

He also said just before he left Global to go back to the WWF, WCW threw out an offer to make him Steve Austin's manager.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-02-GWF] Joe Pedicino's News Room