• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

In addition to these two, there's also a less frequently shown Zbyszko one where he references cancer, sterility, and tendon-off-the-bone injuries, and eventually turns it into a promo. "Don't be a jerk or you'll never be at the top of your sport for 17 glorious years." And a Freebirds one where they talk about doing crazy things, but not stupid things, like standing in front of a train, or steroids. I guess cocaine and whiskey are crazy but not stupid.

• 3 months later...

I guess steroid abuse was one thing that faces and heels could agree was bad. I applaud WCW for having heels do these announcements. First, there were heel fans out there, whether they liked it or not. Second, it reinforced the message that even those wrestlers whose ethics you could question cared enough about their livelihood and their health not to mess with steroids, which was definitely a message children and young adults needed to hear.

Arn was perfect for stuff like this because he always told it straight, whether what he was saying was popular or not. I'd listen to him before people like Larry Z or the Freebirds.

• 5 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-03-07-WCW-Saturday Night] Public Service Announcement: Arn Anderson
  • 1 year later...