Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-03-21-USWA-TV] Jimmy Valiant and Brian Christopher

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jimmy Valiant is positively ancient, but still has great charisma and gets a good response from the studio crowd. Valiant kisses him! Christopher says he must have been hanging around with WWF wrestlers! Valiant suggests going to work out and get a soda pop. He also mentions changing his diaper in the past. I think he's coming on to him.

He has also changed the diapers of half of the kids across America. Christopher takes exception, and Valiant warns him if he doesn't learn to calm down, he's going to get ulcers and won't be able to make babies! He suggests they can be friends and still wrestle at Mid South Coliseum, and the best man will win.

They end up high-fiving and booty bumping, but this is where Christopher draws the line and slugs him. The booty bumping was just too much!

I have no idea what else to say about this, but wow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Valiant is so over the top and over with the studio crowd. Kissing fans in the crowd and then Christopher. Donahue should have booked Valiant. He wants Christopher to chill out as could hurt "his performance". Christopher isn't looking to be friends and then just socks Valiant and follows up with a beating. Christopher response is that Valiant wanted five. I counted a lot more punches than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Valiant is so over the top and over with the studio crowd. Kissing fans in the crowd and then Christopher. Donahue should have booked Valiant. He wants Christopher to chill out as could hurt "his performance". Christopher isn't looking to be friends and then just socks Valiant and follows up with a beating. Christopher response is that Valiant wanted five. I counted a lot more punches than that.

Yeah, it was pretty much an open secret at the time. We all knew Brian was Lawler's son but no one really cared.

• 2 months later...

Brian Christopher makes his Yearbook debut as a pushed heel after developing in undercard tag teams. Christopher makes fun of Valiant's looks and out comes a ghastly looking Jimmy Valiant, who has changed considerably since his last big run in the area. Valiant lays one on Brian Christopher, who angrily declares that he "doesn't hang out with WWF wrestlers!" Valiant almost outs Christopher by talking of changing his diapers as a kid--he's changed the diapers of half the people in the room, too! What a weirdo fetishist this guy was. Christopher seems to be won over by Valiant's offer to be friends, but slugs him when he gets the chance. Valiant is very, very difficult to look at.

• 1 year later...

Jimmy Valient has got some of the strangest tattoos I have ever seen. I spent half the promo trying to figure out if that one on his head was a tattoo or just some just of dirt on his face. He somehow managed to find the one fan in the audience who did NOT was to be kissed and kissed her. That poor woman.

Christopher looked like he was legit laughing after Valient asked for a booty bump, this segment was insane.

• 1 year later...

Brian not only looks like his old man, he sounds a lot like him too. He's an excellent young cocky heel, and at least at this point in his career doesn't need to ride his dad's coattails anymore. It's a bit off-putting that Lawler refused to acknowledge him publically for another five years, but at least it spared him being nothing more than someone Jerry's enemies whipped in order to get his goat, like David Sammartino was used during his WWF career while Bruno was around.

Jimmy's a little thin, and the peroxide's not working as much as it used to, but he's not a walking corpse yet like some of you think. He is a wee bit condescending toward Brian, though. Just because you used to change his diapers, Jimmy, don't blow off every sign he's trying to give you that he wants to slap the taste out of your mouth. Would you offer to work out with Dad (Lawler) and then get a soda pop with him? Absolutely not, because you know he'd shove the soda down your throat and beat you bloody with the can. Brian's a champion and no one to take lightly.

Speaking of champions, why does Papa still recognize a Texas champion when he doesn't even promote there anymore? That belt should have been scrapped the second the Dallas office went belly-up.

With all the shots Papa and the Kingfish still enjoyed taking at WWF wrestlers, it's amazing that in just nine months, not only would Lawler be one of them, but in time he'd become better known for his WWF stint than for his many years as the King of Memphis.

I noticed that the lady Jimmy kissed didn't like it much, which was a rarity in Mempho even then. Maybe she was one of Brian's fans.

I loved Dave's outraged "He didn't want it that way!" when Brian said after slugging Jimmy that he'd only given Jimmy five just like he'd wanted. He's still the best studio host in wrestling at this time, hands down.

Can someone besides Eddie Marlin make routine saves for the faces, please? We're seeing way too much of him in angles that are relatively unimportant. Save him for running off guys like Embry or the Moondogs.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-03-21-USWA-TV] Jimmy Valiant and Brian Christopher
  • 1 year later...