Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-03-21-SMW-TV] Music Video: Wild Bunch

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, this was a great video package. It really made these two seem like a big deal. I've seen almost all of the SMW TV from this year and I don't remember these two in the least. This would make you think they'd give you something to remember them by.

EDIT: Looks like they're only appearance was dropping a match to the Fulton Bros in the tag title tournament.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Black is one of the greatest wastes of talent in wrestling history. Dude looked like a World Class mid-carder but wrestled like a Japanese junior heavyweight. He and Deaton were all kinds of awesome in All-Japan, just overshadowed by the rest of the insanely deep tag division and then by Black wigging out like he always seemed to do. This full match with Ace & Kobashi is really, really good and probably their peak.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Had no idea that these two even worked in SMW and we get a highlight package of clips from All Japan (set to Steppenwolf's 'Born to be Wild') to prepare us for their arrival and appearance in the tag team tournament. Billy Black especially looks spectacular in these clips.

• 4 months later...

I've never heard of this team, but they really looked good in the package. Too bad we didn't see more of them.

"Born to Be Wild" has to be one of the go-to songs for wrestling music videos. I've seen at least ten videos set to this song, mostly in the small Southern promotions and indies which can't afford to produce their own music.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-03-21-SMW-TV] Music Video: Wild Bunch
  • 3 months later...