Photo

Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels (WWF World Tour 04/14/92)

WWF WWE World Tour April 14 1992 Munich Randy Savage Shawn Michaels Coliseum Video 3.75*

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

The first Coliseum Video match of the set. Savage is still selling the leg injury from Wrestlemania, so I already know this will be awesome. "A lot of people view London as a melting pot, but I was very surprised that the same was true about Germany." -- Sean Mooney WOW. Michaels really does feel like the new Flair. He's aggressive and does a great job working over Savage's knee. This is equivalent to Hokuto/Yamada from '93, where Hokuto sold injuries from her big show match in a smaller match. Savage was going over, but seemed to really be interested in putting over Shawn strong through the match. That continues after the match with Shawn and Sherri working over Savage's knee with a chair. There were a few things I didn't like -- namely Shawn doing a fake walkout spot mid-match when he's challenging for the big belt -- but overall, this was an excellent match. I like the more basic, aggressive Shawn from 1992-1993 much better than the more flashy, post-ladder match Shawn in hindsight.

#3 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2616 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

"A lot of people view London as a melting pot, but I was very surprised that the same was true about Germany." -- Sean Mooney

WOW.

I smell a new thread. "Unintentionally offensive things said by announcers".

#4 Eduardo

Eduardo
  • Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Is this the match where Randy struggles to get to the top rope, hopping on one leg on the apron and holding the ropes as he makes his way to painfully climb the corner? If it is, it's some of the greatest selling I've ever seen.

#5 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Yes.

#6 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4022 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Is this the match where Randy struggles to get to the top rope, hopping on one leg on the apron and holding the ropes as he makes his way to painfully climb the corner? If it is, it's some of the greatest selling I've ever seen.

Yeah that was the best part of the match. Savage did a A+ sell job in this . Sherri also took a pretty sick bump in the middle of the match that looks painful.

#7 aceman

aceman
  • Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

match made no sense - if macho couldn't stand why would he come out to wrestle

#8 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Because he's a valiant hero who made an obligation to defend his title, and he's going to "play through the pain" ...

#9 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

He's the Macho Man FFS

#10 jdw

jdw
  • Members
  • 8040 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Kawada ripped off Macho as his inspiration for the 1993 RWTL. ;) John

#11 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8858 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

I like the more basic, aggressive Shawn from 1992-1993 much better than the more flashy, post-ladder match Shawn in hindsight.

Totally agree.
I love those post WM shows in which Savage still sold the knee.
And Sherri looked amazing.

#12 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9099 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Savage selling the leg was just awesome. I think he selled that sum of a bitch since Wrestlemania. Shawn was good here attacking that leg. I thought the work dragged a little bit, but not in a way it would hurt the match. Overall, good stuff.

#13 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

This is my favorite selling. Wow.

#14 Yo-Yo's Roomie

Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

I think they have another match a couple of nights later or something where Savage doesn't sell the leg at all. I could be remembering wrong though.

#15 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

I think they have another match a couple of nights later or something where Savage doesn't sell the leg at all. I could be remembering wrong though.

Correct, that match was Elizabeth's last appearance but Graham's site says this didn't air on TV until June so could be reason for not selling leg. Granted it was shown live in the UK.

Thought this was really good and liked Michaels getting to aggressively attack the leg more than some of his matches in his initial run that he went to headlock too much. Savage was awesome from just limping down the aisle on his entrance all the way to the finish where he struggles to climb to the top rope. Michaels gave him a real tough match as he was in dominating towards the last few moments.

#16 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

I loved this for the most part, it was great seeing Shawn working a more methodical style, trying to further injure Randy's leg, than the flashy spot driven stuff he's mostly known for. The only thing I didn't like was that Shawn was overselling huge when Randy would get something in, he didn't need to give a close near fall to Savage doing little more than getting his foot up on a charge.

#17 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5112 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

So much to love here. Savage selling the knee on his way down the aisle and consistently thereafter, Shawn bumping like Shawn, Sherri putting on a *clinic* and reminding me why she was so great. Savage actually sold the knee for so long before hitting the elbow at the finish that I was convinced HBK would roll away. The post-match heel attack was nice, but how about Lord Al Hayes saying a review of it could result in a lifelong disqualification for HBK? Amazing. ***1/2

#18 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9175 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Really good match. Shawn has long been criticized for his lack of offense but give him a limb to focus on and he brings the goods, since even the most pedestrian attack fits right into the storyline. Sherri was a monster on the outside, taking a sick bump off the apron and providing all kinds of neat interference spots. And yeah, that leg sell was pretty fucking spectacular. Very close to Bret/Piper for WWF MOTY for the first quarter and change. AGAIN Shawn gets to look strong against a top babyface, as he and Sherri lay Savage out after the match as well as several officials in a nice chaotic scene.

#19 topropepodcast

topropepodcast
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

This is in really good quality on the new Macho Man set, so it was nice to go back and watch it. I remember a lot of versions floating around being a little on the rough side.

Savage is just tremendous here. The selling is top notch, and the climb for the elbow is fucking beautiful.

With Shawn, I liked the aggression, but it felt like at points, offensively, he got a little lost, and that's why there were... 4(or was it just 3?) figure four spots, because he wasn't sure where else to go.

#20 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

So much to love here. Savage selling the knee on his way down the aisle and consistently thereafter, Shawn bumping like Shawn, Sherri putting on a *clinic* and reminding me why she was so great. Savage actually sold the knee for so long before hitting the elbow at the finish that I was convinced HBK would roll away. The post-match heel attack was nice, but how about Lord Al Hayes saying a review of it could result in a lifelong disqualification for HBK? Amazing. ***1/2

That was great. Lord Alfred is just as ridiculous an exaggerator as Nitro-era Tony Schiavone. He also said there were 25,000 in the arena.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWF, WWE, World Tour, April 14, 1992, Munich, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Coliseum Video, 3.75*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users