Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-04-18-WCW-Saturday Night ] Fabulous Freebirds concert

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hayes actually looks legit and not completely out of place in this setting, even if the whole thing is absurd. Garvin? Not so much. Where did they find these people are who featured? How much money did they spend on this? Why isn't this universally panned as a colossal waste of financial and creative resources as the White Castle of Fear and other similar videos from a year later? So many questions coming out of this. Fortunately not much time would go into answering them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Eh, NBA halftime acts aren't exactly cutting-edge entertainment anyway. Even today they consist largely of "trick skills" acts like unicycling, plate spinning, balance and contortion, BMX, basketball tricks, etc. Not that this isn't crap! But it's definitely NBA-worthy crap.

As for the cost, I'm guessing it was very, very small compared to the infamous mini-movies.

• 3 months later...

The singing wasn't bad, actually, and I liked the part where Michael sank the half-court shot in an empty Omni. But I didn't particularly care for JR acting like a groupie, even if he and Michael are friends outside the ring. Would Jim Nantz or Al Michaels go clubbing with Rob Gronkowski? I could understand him introducing the Birds like Tony did, but not hanging out with them in this way.

Hayes was the only Bird out of all of them who ever really cared about the music part of the deal. I'm not sure if any of the others could sing a note, and Buddy Jack in particular would have made a horrible rock singer. Sadly, Southern country rock was out by this time, so there was no way for them to look good at all, either musically or in the ring. Realistically, it was time for them to call it a career (or careers, to be technical).

• 5 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-04-18-WCW-Saturday Night ] Fabulous Freebirds concert
  • 1 year later...