[1992-05-23-WWF-Superstars] Update: Ultimate Warrior/Papa Shango recap

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh good, here's that puking footage. This was the height of my Apter mag-reading and this was something they absolutely lost their minds over. For once their blatant anti-WWF stance seemed pretty justified.

Okerlund sells this as best he can, as does Shango during his promo. Like I said, I got a genuine kick out of the black ooze and jobbers getting set on fire. But this shit was awful. Not Black Scorpion awful, but it's one weak-ass main event program.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's the Warrior puking! One of the few bad angles that I, as a nine year old mark, knew was stupid. Honestly, I don't see the point in including both the original footage and this on the disc. The stuff before the puking wasn't so great that it needed to be seen twice, like Steamer hanging Rude was.

• 2 years later...

Last week's Warrior/Shango angle, with puke and moralistic commentary added.

They shouldn't have shown the backstage stuff unless Warrior was going to throw up something abnormal, like the black ooze. Otherwise, this was just sickness for the sake of being sick. Why would Vince thing that anyone would want to see something like that? Just because he seemingly has a vomit fetish, does he assume that everyone else watching does too?

No wonder this angle lost them business. If I'd had a kid under ten, this would have been the last WWF show they ever watched, period.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-05-23-WWF-Superstars] Update: Ultimate Warrior/Papa Shango recap
  • 1 year later...