Photo

Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat (AJPW Super Power Series 05/25/92)

AJPW Super Power Series May 25 1992 Kenta Kobashi Tsuyoshi Kikuchi Doug Furnas Dan Kroffat 4.5* Miyagi

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Microstatistics

Microstatistics
  • Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

Maybe the best southern-style tag ever and maybe the best crowd ever. **** 3/4

#22 Pete Puma

Pete Puma
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

For one night, Dan Kroffat was the greatest heel in the industry. His "that's right, we bad" strut (20:30 ish) still kills me to death every damn time.

#23 JKWebb

JKWebb
  • Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

#1 - placetobenation.com/countdown-top-500-matches-of-the-90s-50-1/2/

Well, this countdown has led me here.  I was pretty excited to watch this match because I had never seen before today.  It lived up to the hype.  It's not going to be my top match of the 90's, but this match was probably the most fun.  I loved Kikuchi's super hot opening swinging those elbows.  Kobashi with the save after those two deadly suplexes on Kikuchi was timed perfectly.  I don't know what they may have called it, but the lion tamer spot was awesome.  Kobashi hit one of the best double-lariats I've seen.  My favorite spot might be Kikuchi saving Kobashi after the frankensteiner.  Speaking of that, to garretta's point, I would love to see Furnas and Kroffat take on the Steiners in their prime.  Man, would that be awesome.  I'm not sure where I have this just yet, but ****3/4 to ***** sounds about right.  If someone told me this was their favorite match from the 90's, or even if they thought this was the best match from the 90's, I'd totally understand why.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AJPW, Super Power Series, May 25, 1992, Kenta Kobashi, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Doug Furnas, Dan Kroffat, 4.5*, Miyagi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users