Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-06-06-WCW-Saturday Night] Madusa and Missy Hyatt

Loss

• 1 month later...

I always love watching Jim Ross and Paul E. argue. Another Springer-before-Springer segment, with both women trading insults and stripping, with security getting involved. Funny that WCW was trying this stuff not knowing that trashy talk shows would be all the rage just a few years later.

Missy you're doing what you do best... BLOWING.....hot air!

yeah this stuff is eerily before its time. Paul E seems to love every second of it

the WWF would have never done something like this during this time period

and Madusa was starting to look really hot around this time

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Madusa looks like a million dollar there, and she's a pretty mean promo too. She really look like she could murder Missy too. Fun segment, and like Loss said, it's funny that WCW was actually beyond the times there. Of course soon Watts is coming, so...

I don't know if it was her idea or the companys's but Madusa changing her look was a great decision around this time. Straightening her hair, making it a more whitish blonde, great tan, a modest boob job (compared to what would come later), and dropping the ridiculous Murphy Brown type outfits. It all worked. I think the nose job came a few years later. The WWF never let her show of her sex appeal or body much which saddened me as a teenager. She looked good even till 99 despite the cartoonish implants

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I liked Medusa much better than Missy, and it's not even close. She has a better look, is one hell of a promo (especially when deftly bringing the double entendres right up to the line without crossing it), and her affiliation with the DA gives her a lot more purpose than Missy, who sort of floats in and out of what we see on the Yearbook but has no clearly defined role (I know she's a co-host of Main Event, but when's the last time we had a match from that show on the set?).

At any rate, Medusa comes off in this segment as a woman, while Missy looks and sounds like a little girl. The high point for Missy's character was when she played the feminist to Paul's male chauvinist so surprisingly well early in '91. Then she became a stalker in the locker room, and it's all been downhill since. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: One of the biggest mistakes WCW made in the pre-NWO years was keeping and pushing Missy over Nancy Sullivan.

Bitch of the segment goes to JR for doing everything he can to minimize, trivialize, and otherwise ruin Heyman's appearance on this show. Is there anyone who this guy can work with anymore? You'd think he would have been grateful to actually have a wrestling professional as his co-host for once instead of the Ill-informed and uncaring pseudo-celebrities he's been stuck with recently, but no. If this is a character choice he made or someone made for him, it's a lousy one. If it isn't, he's behaving more and more like an unprofessional prick and needs to be disciplined before he gets too much further out of control.

By contrast, Paul appears to be having the time of his life, and he's not letting JR's sour faces and hand signals bother him one bit. I love how he just laughed as Medusa was cutting Missy down; he probably wished he'd thought of some of her putdowns when he needed them last year.

The "blowing.......hot air" line is another top five candidate for Line of the Year so far.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-06-06-WCW-Saturday Night] Madusa and Missy Hyatt
  • 1 year later...

Paul E. and J.R. are clearly best friends.  I thought Medusa was hot as well, but questioned the wardrobe choice until the bikini contest was mentioned.  It is shocking to learn that WCW put on a PPV bikini contest before the WWF did.  This honestly could have been on WWF TV about 7 years later.