Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Stinger was great here; I loved how he painted himself as Goliath going into the Vader match instead of David almost solely based on the fans and their reaction to him.

Sting seems to be a favorite of Jesse's to the extent that there is such a thing; I would have thought he'd dismiss Sting as a pretty boy and a facepainted freak, especially compared to real men like Rude and Vader.

They're promoting Vader exactly how I feared they would. "Feels no pain"? After the Steiners and Sting himself threw him around like he weighed two hundred pounds during his last swing through WCW? Sorry, but I don't buy it, and Sting isn't going to look like much of a champion if he can't manhandle Vader at will during their upcoming feud (though I suppose they'll use the rib injury as an excuse for why Vader will look like an unstoppable monster). This already knocks down the feud a few pegs in my eyes before they even step in the ring for the first time, and I'm wishing that they'd decided to resurrect the Sting/Rude feud instead.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-06-16-WCW-Clash of the Champions XIX] Interview: Sting
  • 1 year later...