Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-06-20-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Shawn Michaels & Sensational Sherri

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I felt like it was more Shawn just wanting to talking about Shawn as he is developing this ego since the Rockers split. He wants Intercontinental title but didn't seem to want to talk about Bret. Him mentioning himself in the building doesn't really work as well as when the have the ring announcer interrupt to say he has left.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

They were still working out the kinks in Shawn's character a bit, but I thought he handled himself well. Vince must have really seen something in him to push him into an IC title program so relatively soon after his turn. I guess that's what happens when your most logical feud partner (in Shawn's case, Jannetty) snorts way his opportunity to feud with you. It's also possible that Vince liked what he saw in terms of chemistry between Bret and Shawn during the series between the Harts and the Rockers back in 1990.

I agree that Sherri was a bit too much in the background here, but Shawn had to learn how to handle himself on the stick, and besides, she's still every bit the screaming banshee she's always been at ringside, so she'll do all right.

I think it would have been hilarious if a plant had actually jumped the barrier and tried to get at Shawn, only to be manhandled by Sherri. I get why they didn't do that, though; they didn't want fans to try to do it for real.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-06-20-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Shawn Michaels & Sensational Sherri
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I love this version of the theme song, with Sherri singing.  This character has been done 500 times now, the wrestler in love with themselves more than anything else.  It was probably a little fresher at the time. 

The mirror was a great prop to use, a subtle reminder of the barbershop window while also getting over Shawn's vanity.