Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-07-25-SMW-TV] Interview: Robert Gibson / Interview: Ricky Morton / Interview: Stud Stable

Loss

• 1 month later...

The Rock & Rolls are back together! I like that they acknowledge Morton turning on Gibson in WCW instead of just pretending it never happened. Fuller and Golden are unimpressed, saying that Morton isn't even part of SMW so it's not like he's coming in. Armstrong comes out to say he's bringing Morton back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Gibson talks about how Jimmy Golden called an old friend up in Robert Fuller, well he's got old friends too and called up someone who he hasn't spoken to in over a year and will be glad to be by his side. A video is then played and it's Ricky Morton. Morton says how he's made a lot of mistakes in his life, but was in a situation where he lost everything that means anything to him and when that happened he turned against friends and family. When family fights it's okay, but no-one else interferes. He tells Golden and Fuller that you do not lay a hand on Robert Gibson and that they've got the Rock & Roll Express back together. He says how he lost everything he had, signed a big money contract, but it was a mistake as the money ended up meaning nothing as he had no-one to stand behind him like he used to. The Rock & Roll Express are going to reunite and he'll stand by Robert Gibson through thick and thin.

Jimmy Golden says that Gibson hasn't got the right to bring in anyone from another organisation and he just hasn't got the guts to face him on his own. Bob Armstrong shows up and Fuller tells him that he knows what the rules and that they're not going to let him step out of one organisation and into another when he doesn't even have a license here to wrestle. Armstrong says that he doesn't care what 'they do', but he's going to let Ricky Morton come in here and the Rock & Roll Express will roll again! Fuller then says he's signing Morton's death warrant by allowing him to wrestle here.

Boy is Gibson a dire promo! I said previously that I reckon they were just biding their time with him until Morton was available and I stand by that. Nice acknowledgement to their previous break up in WCW and I'm enjoying Robert Fuller already.

• 5 months later...

Morton was the best promo of these three. You really buy that he's seen the error of his ways, and that even though he may have hurt Gibson in the past, he's not going to let anyone else do it, especially the Stud Stable. I'm actually looking forward to this, although I know it's just a stopgap until the Bodies are finished with the Fultons and are able to turn their attention to Rock 'n' Roll.

Gibson does all right; his purpose here is to introduce Morton, not to talk all that much on his own. His accent's thicker than Ricky's, and he really should learn how to enunciate a little better to compensate for it, which would improve his promos immensely.

I was disappointed in Fuller and Golden. The setup to their stuff with Bullet Bob was lame to begin with (since when does a wrestler need a license to switch territories?) and Golden in particular is just a bunch of hot air with no real feeling behind it. Bellowing doesn't equal conviction, my friend. The Stud's a little better, but he was on such a roll micwise as a face in Memphis that to hear him go back to Evil Foghorn Leghorn is a bit of a disappointment.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-07-25-SMW-TV] Interview: Robert Gibson / Interview: Ricky Morton / Interview: Stud Stable
  • 2 years later...