Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-08-14-Kentucky Wrestling] J.C. Ice vs Wolfie D

Loss

• 1 month later...

Fun match to see these guys working before the PG-13 gimmick. They would both get better later, but this is an interesting early glimpse, and what will probably end up being Wolfie D's first chronological appearance on a yearbook (I expect some Jamie Dundee angles on the '91 stuff). These guys are old school, so they have a really strong command of the basics. That's not to say they take it easy, because they don't. They cut a pretty fast pace and take some really good bumps. Anyone have any clue what promotion this is?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is from one of those outlaw shows that ran in like Kentucky/Indiana that Meltzer used to talk about in the Observer. This was awesome just for the atmosphere. You had women threatening to attack the heels. Who was the guy that helped Wolfie? Where did the footage come from? Is the whole show available?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'd never heard of these guys beforehand. When I saw the surroundings I was suddenly looking forward to it because I thought it was going to be a comically bad, bottom of the barrel indy trainwreck. After a few minutes of passable action I realised it wasn't bad, or good either. So I moved onto the next match.

• 10 months later...

This was pretty decent and kept my attention throughout. That may be more due to the setting and atmosphere, but what's wrong with that? They keep things simple and do simple very well. Charming for what it is in front of dozens of people. Looking forward to PG13, but Jamie can definitely work underneath and throw a punch.

**3/4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A nice curiosity for those who remember PG-13 fondly. Jamie's learned his lessons well from Bill, and Wolfie keeps up better than one might expect.

Whoever the manager for Wolfie was should have gotten a shot in Memphis for his interference spots alone. I wonder if he could talk?

The ring announcer sounded a bit like Corey Maclin at first, but it wouldn't have been him if this was an indie show.

I loved the fan who screamed at least three times, "Jamie, kick his ass!" Also, this has to be one of the last times you can actually see tobacco smoke at a wrestling show; I think most of them went smoke-free not to long after this, if they hadn't already.

Also, this has to be one of the last times you can actually see tobacco smoke at a wrestling show; I think most of them went smoke-free not to long after this, if they hadn't already.

I worked shows as late as the mid-2000s where they still allowed smoking in the arena.

Admittedly most of those weren't dedicated sports arenas, they were random smaller venues like VFW halls or disused back rooms which weren't designed to host wrestling (it's practically impossible for most small indy shows to afford any kind of real sporting arena in the 21st century). But yeah, definitely at late as 2004 at the very least.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-08-14-Kentucky Wrestling] J.C. Ice vs Wolfie D
  • 2 years later...