Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-08-15-WWF-Superstars] Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Savage promo that he's not getting help from Perfect, who comes out saying Savage wants him in his corner and that the best man will have him in his corner. Interesting dynamic in that its unclear which face the crowd should get behind.

When I watched this as it played out back then I wasn't too invested in it at all, but this time around I've enjoyed it a lot more. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Okerlund pretty absurdly overstates the impact of Flair's announcement the previous week. Savage, knowing how it affected the Warrior, refuses to deny that he's in negotiations with Perfect, who's out to declare Warrior has now gone into negotiations as well.

They did a really effective job of explaining how neither Warrior or Savage were in position to flat-out deny a partnership with Perfect, without turning either one prematurely.

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure about this. As I've said before, screwing with Savage and Warrior's heads is fine and dandy, but in the end, most people who really think about it will figure out that it's really best for Flair and Curt to sit back and let these two maniacs beat each other to a pulp. So what's the big deal here, really? Randy does what he can to create a bit of suspense, but in the end it falls flat.

I did notice that Randy still got an ovation as he was leaving, so maybe this particular group of fans really don't care that he's negotiating with Curt. The previous week, I noticed that the fans weren't too happy with Warrior. I still maintain that Vince was at least thinking about turning Warrior heel at Mania VI before deciding against it, so maybe he was revisiting the thought here, although Curt turning Warrior now wouldn't have nearly the impact that Heenan turning him would have had at Mania VI.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-08-15-WWF-Superstars] Randy Savage and Mr. Perfect
  • 2 years later...