Photo

Grom Zaza vs Shtorm Koba (RINGS 08/21/92)

RINGS August 21 1992 Grom Zaza Shtorm Koba 3.25* Yokohama

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

A PRESS SLAM IN RINGS! Shtorm Koba doesn't even show up in a Google search. Fun little match.

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4121 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

The kick to the face while the guy had him in a leg lock was just brutal. I'm shocked that didn't end the fights. Nice slams and the finish was nice.

#4 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9128 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

I thought this was pretty fun. I was loving all those throws. I guess this is what a spot fest would consist of in Rings.

#5 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

No clue who these guys are but this was lots of fun to watch. The typical kicks and mat submission of these matches but these guys were also dropping power moves on each other.

#6 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

If you wanted a comp to show how diverse pro wrestling can be then this would be a good pick. I came in not knowing what to expect, and was royally entertained by 2 unknown Russians. As an aside has any Russian wrestler ever not had a copious amount of chest hair? Anyway this was a learning experience for the crowd too who were enjoying it as much as me. Some exciting submissions early on and plenty of unusual moves and sumplexes. It wasn't at all polished yet that added to its effectiveness.

#7 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5279 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this as a random shoot style match b/w guys I didn't know at all, but was never disappointed as this felt fresh and different from the rest of the set. Cool jumping takedown and early suplex by Zaza, with a number of fun takedowns throughout before a submission finish. ***1/4

#8 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9356 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Fun spotfest of a match between two guys I've never heard of. Lots of big, broad throws and takedowns to hold your attention.

#9 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

I got easily confused as to which guy was which, and that didn't exactly help my viewing experience. The power moves were nice but I would have preferred some more scoring. That full nelson-type hold that got the submission was rugged-looking.

Even though I couldn't tell them apart, both guys looked good enough to have at least a decent future ahead of them.

#10 superkix

superkix
  • Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

A swanky Zaza exhibition, with plenty of headscissor usage, cool takedowns and transitions, and...well, shitty striking but that's okay, because everything else works. Koba doesn't quite have Zaza's finesse but his rawness works well against Zaza. I mean, at one point, he press slams him into the turnbuckle. The action heats up heading into the finishing stretch, with Koba using a neat armwhip takedown before Grom dumps him with a throw and cinches in a terrific full nelson hold for the submission. Fun stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RINGS, August 21, 1992, Grom Zaza, Shtorm Koba, 3.25*, Yokohama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users