ProWrestlingOnly.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

Grom Zaza vs Shtorm Koba (RINGS 08/21/92)

A PRESS SLAM IN RINGS! Shtorm Koba doesn't even show up in a Google search. Fun little match.

No clue who these guys are but this was lots of fun to watch. The typical kicks and mat submission of these matches but these guys were also dropping power moves on each other.

If you wanted a comp to show how diverse pro wrestling can be then this would be a good pick. I came in not knowing what to expect, and was royally entertained by 2 unknown Russians. As an aside has any Russian wrestler ever not had a copious amount of chest hair? Anyway this was a learning experience for the crowd too who were enjoying it as much as me. Some exciting submissions early on and plenty of unusual moves and sumplexes. It wasn't at all polished yet that added to its effectiveness.

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this as a random shoot style match b/w guys I didn't know at all, but was never disappointed as this felt fresh and different from the rest of the set. Cool jumping takedown and early suplex by Zaza, with a number of fun takedowns throughout before a submission finish. ***1/4

I got easily confused as to which guy was which, and that didn't exactly help my viewing experience. The power moves were nice but I would have preferred some more scoring. That full nelson-type hold that got the submission was rugged-looking.

Even though I couldn't tell them apart, both guys looked good enough to have at least a decent future ahead of them.

A swanky Zaza exhibition, with plenty of headscissor usage, cool takedowns and transitions, and...well, shitty striking but that's okay, because everything else works. Koba doesn't quite have Zaza's finesse but his rawness works well against Zaza. I mean, at one point, he press slams him into the turnbuckle. The action heats up heading into the finishing stretch, with Koba using a neat armwhip takedown before Grom dumps him with a throw and cinches in a terrific full nelson hold for the submission. Fun stuff.