Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-09-14-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Interview: Bret Hart

Loss

• 2 months later...

Yeah, Shango-Bret was a feud after Shango-Warrior was over. Quite a few house show matches, even after Bret won the title.

I don't see a clear TV match in 1992 on Graham's site. Perhaps in 1993?

Taped 5/4/93; Worcester, MA; Memorial Auditorium

6/5/93 Superstars

Bret Hart defeated Papa Shango via submission with the Sharpshooter at around the 7-minute mark after Shango missed a legdrop

Probably that one? Not super major, though Bret wrestling a competative match on Superstars rather than a squash is semi-major. It was well after they feud was over, just kind of rolled out there.

John

Yeah, Shango-Bret was a feud after Shango-Warrior was over. Quite a few house show matches, even after Bret won the title.

I don't see a clear TV match in 1992 on Graham's site. Perhaps in 1993?

Taped 5/4/93; Worcester, MA; Memorial Auditorium

6/5/93 Superstars

Bret Hart defeated Papa Shango via submission with the Sharpshooter at around the 7-minute mark after Shango missed a legdrop

Probably that one? Not super major, though Bret wrestling a competative match on Superstars rather than a squash is semi-major. It was well after they feud was over, just kind of rolled out there.

John

They met on SNME, 11/14/92.

Guest Slickster

Here's the match and promos:

So weird to think that just a month earlier Macho Man and Ric Flair were feuding over the WWE Championship.

It's like if John Cena and Orton were feuding for the belt one month and then next month was headlined with John Morrison vs. Jinder Mahal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Talk about cheapening a great match. Did they actually expect anyone to buy this, especially since there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of Shango targeting Bret prior to SummerSlam that anyone's aware of? I'd have much rather heard about a possible rematch with Davey, or maybe Bret turning around and going after Flair, which would have really fried Heenan and Curt.

I loved Bret asking why Shango didn't just turn him into a newt instead of bothering to put a curse on him. Bret has a very underrated sense of humor at times. After that line, Curt's attempts at fanning the flames of the feud really seemed lame. I also loved the shot Bret took at Curt himself, although he had to know the real reason Curt wasn't wrestling. Heenan's question about the Hart family Christmas gifts might have gotten a pretty good answer too If Vince hadn't jumped all over it.

This show is where midcarders go to die. Hillbilly, Hacksaw, Sarge.....I know Vince had to use them somehow, but they contributed just as little as I remembered on Prime Time, and Sarge wasn't even there that week because of Nailz' attack. It should have been just Vince and Heenan, or better yet Vince never should have messed with the classic Gino/Bobby team in the first place.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-09-14-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Interview: Bret Hart
  • 2 years later...

Not a fan of even mentioning the idea that Bret's loss was some kind of curse at work.  He squashes that pretty quickly though, and references Monty Python in the process!  Love ya Bret!  I liked the shot he took at Curt too.  I can't imagine Bret was really into any kind of feud with Shango.