Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-17-UWA] Silver King & El Texano & Gran Hamada vs El Signo & Black Power & Negro Navarro

Loss

• 2 months later...

Excellent match. I'm not sure what to expect with UWA because of the February classic featuring many of these guys, and also because these matches have never really been talked about all that much. This isn't as seamless as the 2/29 match, but it's still very good and has a lot of interesting spots that would eventually be fleshed out in Michinoku Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This was a mess at points and I thought Hamada was mostly useless here, which holds it back from being a luchy MOTYC, but it's another feather in the cap of Los Cowboys as a working tag team and there were some great intricate spots here after some standout matwork to open. Black Power is this Yearbook's version of the Scorpion--the person I've never, ever heard of who's completely awesome and who immediately has me wondering what else is out there (eastern European shootstyle guys are exempted from being considered).

• 3 weeks later...

I did not dig this very much at all. This was pretty good when Hamada was in, and too much like an exhibition when he wasn't. The first fall had a hot finishing sequence, the second was predictable and predictably quick, while the third had a terribly anticlimactic finish. Too long for what they did even if the work wasn't bad, just not particularly captivating.

**3/4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Another match I had to sit through because I paid for the discs. I've given up on trios, I think. If these guys want to show me how good they supposedly are, let them come to the WWF or WCW and learn to work U.S.-style.

That critique may seem overly quick and harsh to some of you, but look at it this way: At least I spared you my normal laundry list of problems I have with the trios style.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-17-UWA] Silver King & El Texano & Gran Hamada vs El Signo & Black Power & Negro Navarro
  • 2 years later...