Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-25-WCW-Halloween Havoc] Paul E. Dangerously and Madusa

Loss

• 2 months later...

Best thing at Havoc. This is one of my all-time favorite segments in wrestling, just because Paul E. is SUCH an asshole and Madusa beating him up gets an amazing pop.

"I AM A MAN MAN MAN. YOU ARE A WOMAN WOMAN WOMAN."

Little more than petty burying of Paul E., but still fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bit of a shame they had Madusa "cry" here instead of just getting pissed, especially as she's supposed to be such a badass. That kind of reaction was well out of date by 1992.

Vader won a title that Paul E somehow facilitated, before Madusa is out to confront him.

Vader had been signed to defend the US title against Nikita for Rude, though it seems odd that Paul would mastermind such a move when he himself had purposely and confidently signed Rude to two matches in one night. Oh well, that's not the real point of this segment anyway.

• 3 months later...

This was good, but if it's the best thing on the card, Havoc was pretty damned sorry. Besides, we've seen the exact same thing before with Missy right down to the crying, which I didn't pick up on due to Heyman's screaming but I don't doubt happened for a second. The next strong, confident woman WCW books will be its first.

I loved Vader and Harley getting as far away from this mess as they could as fast as they could. They may have been Heyman's business partners for this one deal, but that doesn't mean that they have to get mixed up in his petty squabbles.

Why was Vader still carrying the U.S. title belt? Shouldn't that have gone back to Heyman or Rude by the time of the interview?

I loved Jesse getting all caught up in the action here, especially when you consider that he was supposedly thick as thieves with Heyman when he first came to WCW. I guess he's an even bigger fan of Rude's, which is hardly a surprise.

Please tell me that Medusa and Heyman didn't actually wrestle. And if they did, let's hope Watts had the good sense not to book it in Baltimore. (In case you don't remember GAB '91, intergender athletic contests are banned by the state of Maryland, which is why the big blowoff tag that was supposed to settle the Missy-Heyman feud turned into a Rick Steiner handicap match against Arn Anderson and Heyman, which of course Rick won decisively.)

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-25-WCW-Halloween Havoc] Paul E. Dangerously and Madusa
  • 10 months later...