Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-11-07-WWF-Superstars] Music Video: Bret Hart

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless it was added it to one of the later versions of the video, I'm sad that Loss didn't point out the black & white "home movie" of 77 year-old Stu separating "little Bret & Owen" in the Dungeon.

Wasn't this added to the WrestleMania X video that was played before the Bret Hart vs Yokozuna bout?

Unless it was added it to one of the later versions of the video, I'm sad that Loss didn't point out the black & white "home movie" of 77 year-old Stu separating "little Bret & Owen" in the Dungeon.

Wasn't this added to the WrestleMania X video that was played before the Bret Hart vs Yokozuna bout?

Nope. That was the Aretha Franklin "Respect" video.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I actually thought that those supposed shots from The Dungeon were real for a minute, and I wondered how Vince had gotten access to them.

I liked the collection of clips here; there's even one from the heel days of the original Hart Foundation, which I thought was supposed to be dead and buried. Also, points for using a real Tom Petty song as opposed to a Jim Johnston in-house special.

Now if only the matches during this reign match the quality of this video...........

• GSR changed the title to [1992-11-07-WWF-Superstars] Music Video: Bret Hart
  • 5 months later...

Got me all excited for a long Bret Hart title reign....

It's impressive how well the previous 12 months had gotten Bret over to legit main event level. Clips are shown of matches against Perfect, Piper, Michaels, Bulldog and Flair which is a totally stacked lineup, especially for back then. 

Loved the dungeon footage too. It's just an all-around great music video that makes Bret look like the new sheriff in town. He kept that aura around him even through the Hakushi/Lawler/Lafitte wars of 1995. It's no wonder so many American fans sided with him during the USA/Canada deal in 1997.

• 1 year later...

This is probably the first time I ever heard Petty's music. I was 9 years old and music wasn't that big a deal to me (that would come more when I was 13). In all probability I'm sure I heard stuff of his on the radio before that but I never really took notice. 

I saw him in a documentary a decade later or so and he said rock and roll was becoming like pro wrestling. He said something to the effect of "the fans know it's fake but they love it anyway". That had more wisdom about both that made me admire him all the more.