Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-11-14-WWF-Superstars] Update: Ultimate Warrior out, Mr Perfect in

Loss

• 2 months later...

Warrior is out of Survivor Series. No further explanation is provided, but we get highlights of Prime Time Wrestling of Savage selecting Mr. Perfect as his partner and a fresh interview to cap it off. The full angle is included later on the set. The idea that Flair wanted to be like Mr. Perfect, though, is ridiculous by any standard.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Curt's obviously happy to be back in the ring, and even the trash talking between him and Savage comes off as teasing between athletes with mutual respect, not between two guys who not even a week before this were deadly enemies. At least we didn't get any talk about unbreakable bonds or psychedelic gift exchanges, so things are looking up already.

I could have done without the "Flair wanted to be like Mr. Perfect all along" talk too, but that's just Vince's way of saying that as much as he may respect Flair, it's Mr. Perfect whom he created with the sweat of his bookers' brows. I'm not even sure that Curt really had his heart in that part of the hype, but it's harmless enough if you know the real history of the sport. The idea of Curt all of a sudden bringing Razor Ramon in bothers me more, quite frankly. Hyping your own creations over those of other promotions is one thing; rewriting history that isn't even six months old is something entirely different, and worse. Surely Vince didn't really believe that his fans were either that stupid or that gullible. Wait, what am I saying?

Heenan wanting to keep Curt out of the ring so Flair could shine is infinitely more believable, and they should have run with it more, maybe even mentioning Curt's back injury at least in passing.

I would have liked to see more of the Prime Time angle used here; it was like they wanted to explain as little as they could possibly get away with. That's all well and good if they wanted Curt to be a complete surprise at Survivor Series, but since they did such an amazing angle, it's only right that they should get as much use out of it as possible.

In case you were wondering, there's no such station as WWFB in Sarasota. Why couldn't they just say that Savage was across the hall and had been ordered not to engage in a physical confrontation with Heenan and/or Curt on penalty of losing the match at Survivor Series?

• GSR changed the title to [1992-11-14-WWF-Superstars] Update: Ultimate Warrior out, Mr Perfect in