Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-11-26-WWF-Survivor Series] Interview: Ric Flair & Razor Ramon

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Even Okerlund seems positively giddy setting this up. Flair cuts another seething promo, seemingly very excited to have a hot issue to talk about again. The only problem is Flair is basically promising hellfire and brimstone upon Perfect for crossing him, when we all know that that's never really going to come about. I'd give anything to see Razor and some other goon jump Perfect in the parking lot to kick this feud into another gear.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I would have preferred a little more quiet intensity from Flair here, a little more sense of being hurt, of maybe even grieving just a bit. This comes off like Curt's just another opponent to be humbled, and that's wrong. Then again, Flair's not really capable of being the coolest cat in the room anymore, and hasn't been since his early days on TBS with Crockett.

I liked Hall calling Okerlund "Gene Mean" like Sheik used to. Other than that, this was a typical Razor interview, and as I've said before, that's not a good mix with Flair. If there was someone in the group who was in the middle between Flair's craziness and Hall's deliberateness (for lack of a better word). this would all sound a lot better.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but since this is the last Survivor Series promo of the year, I'll say it for the last time: Vince, we know the show is called the Survivor Series. We knew it well enough to buy it. So there's no need to keep hammering us over the head with the word "survive" in every single ever-lovin' promo. Please, for the love of sanity, reflect on this and try not to do it next year.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-11-26-WWF-Survivor Series] Interview: Ric Flair & Razor Ramon
  • 1 year later...