Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-12-12-WWF-Superstars] WWF at Planet Hollywood

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yokozuna being pulled up in a rickshaw was even bigger "Oh, WOW" moment than Razor's line about executions. Flair and Shawn together seems so natural, that one wishes could have been explored more. This is total damage control spin that's even more obvious when you realize what was happening in real life at this time. Incredibly Mooney does NOT say anything about "putting smiles on faces."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't know if I'd be using guys like Yoko, Fuji, Flair, and Michaels as charity ambassadors if I were Vince. There were still too many fans who believed that heels were bad people and didn't really care about kids or anything else except themselves. This bothers me more than the idea of Vince doing damage control. Let's face it, considering what he and the WWF were going through right about now, they needed all the positive PR they could get, even if they had to make it for themselves. Staying in the wrestling bubble and pretending that their problems didn't exist would have been suicide.

I'm not sure if I actually wanted to hear the Nasties sing or not. It all depends on what the Colonel taught them about music.

What about kids that were the target age for Make-A-Wish, Johnny? Granted, some would have probably gotten a kick out of seeing that guys like the ones I mentioned weren't so bad after all, but I still think most of them would have rather seen guys they liked (assuming they weren't fans of the guys they saw, which is always possible).

• GSR changed the title to [1992-12-12-WWF-Superstars] WWF at Planet Hollywood