Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-12-19-WWF-Superstars] Merry Christmas from the Bushwhackers

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I like the idea here, actually, but did they have to do this on the podium? Couldn't we have just had a taped vignette and done an actual interview with someone who had a program to get over? Since we'd already had a big kerfuffle with Bret, Hall, Flair, and company the week before, maybe some hype for the Rumble, or Shawn talking about his match with Jannetty. Of course, we wouldn't have had Luke and Butch giving out Taker foam fingers, but somehow I think the world would have survived.

Lawler's already into the joke book, and it would get worse from here. I wonder how he would have gotten over playing the babyface King of Memphis who actually wrestled more than occasionally (Bret feud notwithstanding) as opposed to the goofball heel announcer who was funny only to himself. If Vince insisted on putting Savage out to pasture, maybe Memphis Lawler could have been a good replacement. He wass just as old if not older, but he'd have been a lot fresher to the WWF audience at this point in time.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-12-19-WWF-Superstars] Merry Christmas from the Bushwhackers