Pro Wrestling Only

Matt Hardy fired by TNA after DWI arrest

Bix

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his Twitter:

For the first time in my life, I've been gotten! WOW!! 0, 0 and 0. . .I'm truly appalled. This will not go down without a fight.

First, as I'm sure he is aware since he's been pulled over now three times for suspicion of DWI, the legal definition of "intoxicated" is not necessarily limited to alcohol, so just passing breathalyzer tests doesn't really prove anything. I assume that's just damage control, though, so I guess harping on that isn't a big deal. But even if he wasn't intoxicated in any way, no drugs, alcohol, anything (I know, the odds of Matt Hardy leaving his home while not on any drugs whatsoever three times in the last few months is extremely remote, but work with me here). How bad of a driver do you have to be to get pulled over on suspicion of DWI THREE TIMES in a short time frame, and then somehow fail field sobriety tests each and every time? That would be a monumentally horrendous driver to somehow drive so poorly that police in three different towns in three different areas assume, based solely on the way he's driving, that he must be drunk.

It's just Matt being Matt on Twitter. I mean after the first DWI he claimed that "miraculously all his vices were gone". Then he claimed that his hospital emergency had made him change for the better. He's a con artist, though at this point the only person he's fooling is himself.

Is this news?

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/0...123101?sac=Home

"The day before his first arrest [August], Hardy was involved in a crash with his 2006 Cadillac on U.S. 1 in Southern Pines.

An officer found that he had run the car off the road and crashed into a guard rail near South Bennett Street.

Hardy told the officer that a car ran him off the road, causing him to crash, according to the accident report."

Yup.

So that makes it two car accidents in two days.

Four recent driving incidents total (2 DW/UIs, the reckless driving charge, and this accident).

I have this sinking feeling that in those last two he blew a clean breathalyzer and was let go (figuratively speaking on the reckless driving charge).

Bix: you need to post a date/timeline on these incidents to keep them straight and see if there's any duplication.

I agree that Matt is pretty delusional if he's buying into his own 0.00 bullshit. It looks like they took blood on both DWI/DUI charges, and he's going to come back fucked on them. One suspect he has a script for the stuff he's fucked up on, which probably easy for him to get from a fanboy doctor. Lord knows that fanboy doctors are idiots, but if *I* were one... I'd be really worried right now about a trail from Matt back to me with this behavior. Cut him off, and pray that you haven't written him enough to get yourself into trouble: i.e. hope that Matt has been tapping into several faboy doctors for his habits rather than just you so that your scripts look like a reasonable, normal amount. Than again... it might be a little hard for any fanboy doctor to justify given a script to Matt for the shit he's taking.

John

I'll try making some calls tomorrow to see if the reckless driving charge is the August 19th accident and get more details about it/them.

Also, after what we learned about Jeff's arrest, it wouldn't shock me at all if Matt had a lot of pills without prescriptions.

Totally agree that he likely had a fair amount of non-script drugs. On the other hand, they didn't raid his house. It's possible that what comes out in the blood system is something that he can flash to the court he had a script for. Helps a bit more than the DUI/DWI being for coke. :)

John

Is this news?

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/0...123101?sac=Home

"The day before his first arrest [August], Hardy was involved in a crash with his 2006 Cadillac on U.S. 1 in Southern Pines.

An officer found that he had run the car off the road and crashed into a guard rail near South Bennett Street.

Hardy told the officer that a car ran him off the road, causing him to crash, according to the accident report."

I am mostly curious by the last sentence. Kinda weird that they're already putting an official title behind the incident. Kinda seems like they would be pursuing the suspected car that supposedly ran Mr. Hardy off the road. They could slide attempted murder across the table at the suspect. Wouldn't stick, but it would get him in court quicker. -- (I'm unaware of someone being apprehended. So if there is, disregard.)

I'm also interested in seeing whether the allegations are true, because, if they're not, Mr. Hardy is facing a felony charge(s) himself then.

Here's what I think thus far:

Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt had attempted suicide. Maybe he was too scared to admit that he had just tried to off himself. Probably didn't want to face the involuntary commitment order that any ER doctor could get.

I couldn't find an image of what the vehicle looked like, nor what Hardy looked like himself. If the injuries and/or damage were minimal, then I bet he was drunk. Probably sobered up from the accident and waiting for authorities to arrive on the scene.

At any rate, since he was arrested the very next day for driving while impaired, the probability of it being depression and/or alcohol related is extremely high given the context of the entire situation - that being pro wrestler who is showing signs of severe mental problems, which has been largely created by an abusive lifestyle of hard drugs and alcohol. Cause I don't see a normal person "the very day after a possibly life ending ordeal" consuming alcohol to the point they've become a menace to not only himself, but to that of people around him while behind the wheel of an automobile. I can see that more with what his root problem is though.

He's announced that he's going for a three month stay in WWE-sponsored rehab.

Good for him. He's not much of an actor so it sure seems like he's telling the truth here when he breaks down crying about how much he's fucked up.

Yeah, good for him, and good move from the WWE. Hopefully it really helps him and he can put his life back together. I have no idea if 3 months is enough in his case, but that's a positive step.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/0...124231?sac=Home

CARTHAGE - Wrestling star Matt Hardy's list of legal woes got longer today after Moore County lawmen filed drug-related charges against him from a search last week at his home on Boys Camp Road in Cameron.

Hardy, 36, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver, possessing a controlled substance, maintaining a drug dwelling and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a release today from the Moore County Sheriff's Office.

The search at Hardy's home on Sept. 14 turned up 20 vials of anabolic steroids, one hit of Ecstasy and $1,961 in cash, the release said.

It is Hardy's third arrest in less than a month, authorities said.

Hardy, a former World Wrestling Entertainment and Impact Wrestling wrestler, was charged in Raleigh last week with driving while impaired.

On Aug. 20, Hardy was charged with driving while impaired after crashing his 2009 Chevrolet Corvette into a tree about a half-mile south of Vass, authorities said.

On Aug. 19, Hardy crashed his 2006 Cadillac when he collided with a guard rail on U.S. 1 in Southern Pines, authorities said.

He was not cited for the incident.

On Tuesday, Hardy released a video on his YouTube channel in which he announced that he was entering a rehabilitation facility to seek help for substance abuse.

He was released today on a written promise to appear in Moore County court on Thursday.

$1,961 in cash

Heh, odd thing to bring up. Last I checked having money wasn't illegal. I know why it was tossed in, just in case the authorities want to pursue some "he's got all these drugs and all this money, he must be selling" argument but really, Hardy's got enough dumb shit you can nail him on without something silly like that.