Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Also, he doesn't sound like he's all that committed to cleaning up his act. I guess he's just too set in his ways. Or maybe he figures his days are numbered regardless and is willing to sacrifice some longevity for happiness in the time he does have.

Well, Ric's been very clear he's never gonna change no matter what anybody tells him. He's been saying for years he doesn't care about being Richard Fliehr, he loves being the Nature Boy too much. Sacrificing longevity for happiness (the way he sees happiness) is a perfect way of putting it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, cm funk said:

I hate when I see this thread bumped because I always expect the worst

And of course my first thought was "omg Ric tested positive....."

Well.......

https://nypost.com/2020/07/20/ric-flair-spotted-without-a-mask-even-though-wife-has-coronavirus/

Basically is wife has tested positive and he was pictured going on a Starbucks drive thru run without a mask.

Goes on to state a source saying he's already tested positive as well but Ric himself is denying it.

I'm not a doctor, but I can say, a friend of mine contracted Covid early on (this would've been maybe early April). She has 2 young kids and her husband is an EMT. She tested positive and her kids and husband did not. They all live under the same roof. Wisely, the whole family quarantined for a little while. 

I still think its incredibly risky to have Ric at the PC even if he tested negative. Testing negative is great - but I just read about an admittedly small study (here) that noted that even those who tested negative could still, potentially, be carriers and spread the virus. Add that possibility to the notion of asymptomatic spreaders and, for safety's sake, if someone in your house comes up positive, quarantining is the safe bet. 

I will say this too, though, when I go through a drive thru, I don't always mask up. I haven't been to Starbucks (I'm not a coffee drinker), but at the nearby Taco Bell, Burger King, McDonalds, its pretty contact-less now. There's been trays involved, minimal dialogue, nobody is exerting heavy respiration, etc. I'm much more concerned with gatherings and prolonged conversation, etc. than I am with reaching out, grabbing a cup of coffee, and bringing it into my car at a distance (especially when the worker is wearing a mask). But, hey, now that I know that wearing a mask in the drive thru is a thing, I'll gladly do it.

Having Ric at the PC was incredibly stupid, indeed.

I had a great joke (well, not) about not going to Starbuck because you're not a coffee drinker,  but then realized it was all backward ! Well, wanted to say that what Starbuck passes as coffee is piss, basically. :lol:

5 hours ago, DMJ said:

I'm not a doctor, but I can say, a friend of mine contracted Covid early on (this would've been maybe early April). She has 2 young kids and her husband is an EMT. She tested positive and her kids and husband did not. They all live under the same roof. Wisely, the whole family quarantined for a little while. 

Yeah, it's possible for one spouse to get it and the other not, like Renee and Mox, but I'd wager Ric wasn't exactly following protocol.

• 7 months later...
29 minutes ago, C.S. said:

A sad interview about why Ric Flair is no longer close with Arn Anderson and other Horsemen. (Spoiler alert: They're assholes!)

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/exclusive-ric-flair-reveals-why-he-and-arn-anderson-are-no-longer-close/

That is sad, if true. Maybe part of it is them working for different companies that are competitors. 

I admit I am completely speculating and all the usual I Am Not A Psychologist disclaimers, but from all accounts it seems like it is emotionally exhausting to be anywhere in Ric Flair's sphere. Like his own kids sound like they are at the end of their rope with him at times, I can't imagine what it's like trying to maintain a friendship with the guy,  I suppose Arn's a bit of a surprise considering how tight they were at one time, but I'm not shocked Tully, Barry, and Ole would be like "nah I'm good". 

26 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I admit I am completely speculating and all the usual I Am Not A Psychologist disclaimers, but from all accounts it seems like it is emotionally exhausting to be anywhere in Ric Flair's sphere. Like his own kids sound like they are at the end of their rope with him at times, I can't imagine what it's like trying to maintain a friendship with the guy,  I suppose Arn's a bit of a surprise considering how tight they were at one time, but I'm not shocked Tully, Barry, and Ole would be like "nah I'm good". 

Which is all fine and well and fair enough, but not even texting the guy after his son died or when he almost died himself? C'mon...

(At least in Arn's case. Barry, "Christian" Tully, and especially Ole are more understandable.)

3 minutes ago, rovert said:

Arn's wife and Ric's wife were really close. When Ric and Beth divorced around 2006 after 23 years of marriage Arn was "forced" to take Beth's side. That and being friends with Ric has a wear-out factor.

I remember there being jokes at the time when they divorced about "who's going to get custody of Arn". 

Also I suppose it must be a credit to Hunter that he's been friends with Ric for a long time, has probably bailed his ass out financially more than once, and doesn't seem to have got worn out by him yet. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also I suppose it must be a credit to Hunter that he's been friends with Ric for a long time, has probably bailed his ass out financially more than once, and doesn't seem to have got worn out by him yet. 

Hunter being a non-drinker who bails out drinking and pill-popping buddies is pretty much his greatest talent and the reason he is where he is today

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Hunter being a non-drinker who bails out drinking and pill-popping buddies is pretty much his greatest talent and the reason he is where he is today

I never knew he was a non drinker, that does certainly explain a lot. 

Even then, being the only sober guy in the room gets old quickly so it is a testament to his patience. I know he had a falling out with Shawn for a while when he was really bad,  but even that seemed like it was more Hunter calling him out on being a mess and Shawn being resistant to getting help.