Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the best possible outcome if he has to have one last match, Andrade can do the work for his team and I'm sure Double J will bring all the Memphis bullshit he can to make it look halfway decent. 

It is funny that they kinda spoiled the match from the video that made the rounds of him and Lethal training in the ring together. 

22 minutes ago, sek69 said:

This, then Corny calls it the best match of the year with zero irony.

Completely embarrassing boomer takes of "Flair at 73 works circles around Will Ospreay or Kenny Omega" will certainly be a part of this, it's a given. That is, if Flair doesn't actually ends up having some heart attack or blows out a hip or something.

Honestly I would also book Tommy Dreamer to piledrive Charlotte while we're at it, while Jay Lethal looks in disgusts, doing his best Randy Savage impersonation... Then Titus O-Neil aka Carpet PR Guy can do a promo about pro-wrestling being for everyone or something to close the show. 

Maybe it'll go down to Jarrett pulling out his "Doesn't work for good ol' Double J" card before the show :lol:.

Undercard is cool. Main event has got very morbid curiosity appeal.

10 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

My God. That video. Jeff Jarrett - That's J E Double F, J A Double R E Double T - might be the best worker in history, be it in the ring or working poor fuckers to buy gold. First ballot carny Hall of Fame.

• Working an indy show as a WWE VP in a match with two AEW guys while reffing at SummerSlam the next day? Dude is the Tom Brady of carny, and that's before you count the multiple times he booked himself in angles in AAA and left them hanging. 

13 hours ago, sek69 said:
  • Working an indy show as a WWE VP in a match with two AEW guys while reffing at SummerSlam the next day? Dude is the Tom Brady of carny, and that's before you count the multiple times he booked himself in angles in AAA and left them hanging. 

Remember that time he inserted himself into the Bullet Club with a huge swerve on Tanahashi, guitar shot and all? 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:36 PM, sek69 said:

It is funny that they kinda spoiled the match from the video that made the rounds of him and Lethal training in the ring together. 

All part of the long term booking~! for the worked shoot that created this angle.

Lethal helps train Flair, Lethal asks for a spot on the card but Flair tells him no and Lethal gets mad. Flair goes on podcast (advertised as with Lethal), Lethal "no shows" the podcast and Flair buries him on air as having attitude problems which later leads to the parking lot attack angle

Conrad turning the latest episode of the Jarrett podcast into an angle to promote the match was amazingly awkward, switching between mostly worked stuff and a little bit of actual podcasting about Flair. On a pro-wrestling context, made no sense whatsoever, like the worst Russo in 00 stuff. Conrad "working" is extremely cringe too. In some ways, it's admirable how Jarrett getting a podcast with Conrad led to working his way into Flair's last match. The guy is a GOAT-tier carny worker.

Nothing reeks more of "old school pro-wrestling" than Flair's last match being promoted by basically a predatory loan shark who bought his way into da buziness (and ended up getting married to it) and makes shitload of money through podcast adds for limp dicks pills, balls shavers and charlatanesque hair miracle.

29 minutes ago, El-P said:

Nothing reeks more of "old school pro-wrestling" than Flair's last match being promoted by basically a predatory loan shark who bought his way into da buziness (and ended up getting married to it) and makes shitload of money through podcast adds for limp dicks pills, balls shavers and charlatanesque hair miracle.

If it wasn't for the not-insignificant chance Ric might die doing this, it really is the greatest monument to carny we've ever seen. 

17 hours ago, El-P said:

Nothing reeks more of "old school pro-wrestling" than Flair's last match being promoted by basically a predatory loan shark 

For some reason I am now picturing Tony Bag-o-Donuts going to the houses of people behind on their Save with Conrad loan payments to break their thumbs. Or maybe a new line of work for Two Dimes?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching, solid enough card so far.

MCMG/Wolves was pretty good as the opener.

Kross/Davey Boy Jr was a quick five minutes, Gresham/Angels/Konosuke/Nick Wayne was even shorter.

the Mortons vs. the new Horsemen was fun.

AAA 4 way on now... Bandido/Taurus/Laredo/Fenix,  awesome spotfest so far. 

I was half-considering ordering it, but I decided against it. 

Conrad hiding the roast and other stuff behind an overpriced bundle kind of soured me a bit. 

We can debate the morality of a 73-year-old man with a pacemaker and drinking problem who hasn't talked to his doctor in months being promoted by his starstruck son-in-law for a final match a full decade after his last one, but I'm of the mind that Flair is a grown man who can make his own decisions - good or bad.

well they went 26 minutes but Ric didn't do a whole lot other than the chops, jabs, and figure four. Blood as promised, but no coming off the top rope. Almost went for a superplex but they decided against it and just had Lethal do a regular suplex instead. Glad for Ric to have his moment anyway, fun little show overall.