Pro Wrestling Only

Guys you "should" like but don't?

NintendoLogic

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not there yet, and I've got lots more to view. But right now I'm pretty close to fucking hating Ultimo Dragon, and at the very least I'm fairly sure he had no clue how to put together a match himself. I can take or leave Toryumon/T2P/Dragon's Gate and all that, but from what I've seen that detail seems to have seeped into his students in a major way.

Dragon's matches on the Yearbooks are never about, "What's he going to do this time?" It always seems to be, "How is Liger, Casas, Eddy, or whoever going to drag something decent out of this guy?"

I think Kanyon was praised for having a variety of moves, but I honestly don't remember if he ever actually did. I also can't think of any great Kanyon matches. I did enjoy the Jersey Triad stuff with DDP and Bam Bam.

He was a solid hand at a time of huge inconsistency in WCW. All the Kanyon Cutter stuff was great television, where he'd run in out of nowhere dropping random people, trolling DDP, it was great. He had solid matches with Mike Awesome, DDP and a host of others in 2000. Nobody thinks he was Bret Hart, but he was a solid hand.