Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-01-02-WWF-Raw] Kama vignette

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, some people think Kama is the baddest man to walk the face of the earth. I wouldn't cross him, but really? My personal favorite Charles Wright gimmick is Papa Shango, and I'm not sure why he had to go get repackaged. Was this gimmick supposed to be a UFC parody?

Apparently, some people think Kama is the baddest man to walk the face of the earth. I wouldn't cross him, but really? My personal favorite Charles Wright gimmick is Papa Shango, and I'm not sure why he had to go get repackaged. Was this gimmick supposed to be a UFC parody?

He was supposed to be Kimo without the Jesus-y parts.

Does anyone know exactly how many times he was supposed to come back as Papa Shango but it was dropped? Besides the Backlund urban legend, there was a Papa Shango card in an otherwise relatively current WWF board game years after he had stopped using the gimmick.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

What I never understood about Kama was why they had him wearing the t-shirt all the time. He looked much more badass with all his ink showing.

I would guess because the tatoos were very recognizable and he had been on WWF TV before showing those tatoos. I guess after a while they didn't care anymore once the guy was established.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I might be the only one, but just saw this vignette yesterday and actually quite enjoyed it. I thought it made Kama come across as a pretty tough guy you wouldn't want to mess with, and given it was on the same show as Jeff Jarrett 'singing' performance, pretty contemporary and sports like feel for a 1995 WWF character package. Could've done without the Easy Rider bits on the motorbike, but it got me somewhat interested to see Kama 'The Supreme Fighting Machine' in the ring...

• GSR changed the title to [1995-01-02-WWF-Raw] Kama vignette