Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-02-06-WWF-Raw] Interview: Diesel

Loss

• 5 weeks later...

This time period -- where Diesel is comparing Bret and Owen as athletes, discussing wrestling strategy, and talking about his history of knee surgeries -- is the product of Jim Ross booking. Here, Vince is interviewing him in a sit-down interview that is not really a typical WWF-style presentation, but works well. They also discuss some of his recent public appearances.

I'm really surprised at some of the things mentioned here. He asks him how he has time to train, and ... how he keeps his marriage together! Knowing they pushed Diesel to appeal to women, I'm surprised they revealed that he was married.

I also love that the Jeff Jarrett match is a big deal and we know about it two weeks in advance -- as it should be since it's a World champ vs IC champ match.

Also surprisingly, Vince calls him Kevin Nash!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A few years later they would have spiced this up with video clips of the Owen match to add to Diesel's narration. This is of the same realistic, "honest" tone of the Who Is Lex Luger interviews, but Diesel as both a person and a character is much more natural in this environment than Lex was. This has to be the first time the WWF openly acknowledged that their schedule is a grind, particularly for the face of the company.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-02-06-WWF-Raw] Interview: Diesel