Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-03-19-WCW-Uncensored] Randy Savage vs Avalanche

Loss

• 1 month later...

A woman with some amazing punches runs out of the crowd and starts beating up Savage. All the sudden we see the strut, and Flair takes off his wig. Ric Flair is one ugly woman. Hogan makes a quick save and Flair takes off. You'd think they could do more with Ric Flair in drag than a quick run-in. Flair exerts himself so much anytime he gets the chance to do something physical in an angle at this point that it's pretty obvious he's itching to have a match.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Was this the last match of Tenta as Avalanche? I thought it was right around this time Vince threatened lawsuit again and he had to switch to The Shark, which was an idiotic gimmick. Agreed that Tenta is superb in this WCW run, too bad he was buried under the Hulk Hogan Show featuring WCW...

• 1 year later...

This match was pretty good until the incomprehensibly stupid finish, which was bad enough to ruin the whole thing from me. From Flair in a dress (and full makeup and painted nails, why??) to the absolute stupidity of Savage somehow getting a DQ win on a PPV that explicitly has no DQs, it seriously goes to hell in the final minutes.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-03-19-WCW-Uncensored] Randy Savage vs Avalanche
  • 1 year later...
On 7/20/2015 at 1:54 PM, PWI500 said:

Was this the last match of Tenta as Avalanche? I thought it was right around this time Vince threatened lawsuit again and he had to switch to The Shark, which was an idiotic gimmick. Agreed that Tenta is superb in this WCW run, too bad he was buried under the Hulk Hogan Show featuring WCW...

Perhaps contributing to the lawsuit was that WCW used practically the same thudding sound for "Avalanche's" theme music as WWF had for "Earthquake's."

Savage's introduction is a bit strange, as Cappetta reads the (very corny and unnecessary) lines "One of the most captivating stars in WCW history! Get ready for Macho Madness!" in the same tone as he does "weighing 240 pounds, from Sarasota Florida". The crowd pops big-time anyway. Savage was a nice grab no matter how much WCW tried to fuck him up.

I love the four guys in the front row who immediately know the "woman" is Flair and call him out/worship him for it, which he jaws back with them on. Then somebody in the second row holds up a sign that says "It's the best thing going today! Wooooooo!" Great stuff.

I'm too lazy to post a topic for it, but in the other half of this tag team rematch from SuperBrawl, Big Bubba gets a clean pinfall win over Sting, very surprising even with an "injury" to Sting's knee. They were scrambling to get back poor Bubba's heat after killing it in the past few months since Fall Brawl.