Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-06-16-AAA-Sin Limite] Rey Misterio Jr vs Juventud Guerrera

Loss

• 1 month later...

It took some time for things to really get a rhythm going, but when they did, the match was really good. It's a step below the April match, but it's still a terrific match. Rey's armbar/abdominal stretch combo thing to close things out was terrific. Juventud did a great job pacing this, as this is not really wrestled the same way their traveling showcase match typically was. It's still pretty fast-paced, but there is more time between spots, which is nice, because it gives everything a chance to sink in and get over. Juventud's middle rope powerbomb to counter Rey's attempted rana was the spot of the match. I also enjoyed Marabunta's very blatant interference in one spot.

• 3 months later...

This match has the most poorly timed replay I've ever seen, as it takes up the full screen and comes right when Guerrera is going for a dive. They do have the replay of the dive, which results in Juventud getting dumped on his head. One of the commentators' cell phone goes off, too. Not a good day in terms of production.

• 1 month later...

Juventud holding the belt and Rey diving head first right into it has to be one of the most stupid things I've seen in Lucha. And it was the first move in the match!! First 2 falls meant nothing and I guess the third one was good. Some nice dives but the start just pissed me off.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, even by the standards of Mexican TV this has some of the shoddiest camera work you'll ever see, with the aforementioned replay snafus and excessive crowd shots even for a lucha broadcast. I actually really liked the start, though it would look better if Juventud pulled the belt up at the last minute to hit Rey with it. This is paced well with some great moves, but there were a lot of spots that looked really, REALLY choreographed and at times this verged more on being a dance routine than a wrestling match.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-06-16-AAA-Sin Limite] Rey Misterio Jr vs Juventud Guerrera