Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-07-01-WCW-Saturday Night] Dave Sullivan and Diamond Doll

Loss

• 2 months later...

Dave takes Kimberly to see The Lion King, then they go out to eat. I remember John McAdam going off on this in his old tape listings: that Dave was portrayed as an idiot for being out of his league at a restaurant like this and not knowing what Chateaubriand was, when the average WCW fan may react similarly. We do get Disco Inferno in a bunny outfit reading a poem, for whatever that's worth.

Dave takes Kimberly to see The Lion King, then they go out to eat. I remember John McAdam going off on this in his old tape listings: that Dave was portrayed as an idiot for being out of his league at a restaurant like this and not knowing what Chateaubriand was, when the average WCW fan may react similarly. We do get Disco Inferno in a bunny outfit reading a poem, for whatever that's worth.

Also, The Lion King had been on VHS for months, having hit theaters a year earlier.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

That was Disco in the bunny outfit ? Well, that's a damn good trivia question !

Yeah, stupid segment, and the sound effect really makes it even stupider. Really vintage bad WCW production, which is too bad as DDP's vignette earlier on were pretty good and funny. Kim is adorable though.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, aside from Kimberly being cute as a button, this was horrific. It's established that Dave is an idiot because he doesn't know what chateaubriand and some kind of exotic soup that even I--a food industry professional--can't pronounce. DDP lures Evad back out to the car with a threat about "rabbit stew," then assaults him with the help of some horrific sound effects that William Dozier wouldn't have allowed in a third-season Batman episode. A legendarily awful segment that I've never actually seen before.

• 2 years later...

A little later on WCW, we'll have a visit to the Dungeon of Doom. Dont like that? Well, over on the other national promotion, Jerry Lawler is in the dentist's office, using every infuriating dentistry pun known to man, to hype a psycho orthodontist that seems to like to torture children. 1995 was one bizarre, often idiotic, year.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-07-01-WCW-Saturday Night] Dave Sullivan and Diamond Doll
  • 1 year later...
On 10/9/2014 at 3:11 AM, PeteF3 said:

Well, aside from Kimberly being cute as a button, this was horrific. It's established that Dave is an idiot because he doesn't know what chateaubriand and some kind of exotic soup that even I--a food industry professional--can't pronounce. DDP lures Evad back out to the car with a threat about "rabbit stew," then assaults him with the help of some horrific sound effects that William Dozier wouldn't have allowed in a third-season Batman episode. A legendarily awful segment that I've never actually seen before.

It's vichyssoise, the cold leek and potato cream soup.

The sound effects are absolutely terrible, although I did get a kick out of Dave selling the terrifying mere thought of losing poor Ralph like he was having an actual heart attack. Maybe it was the vichyssoise.