Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-07-06-AAA-Sin Limite] Rey Misterio Jr & Octagon & Super Muneco vs Psicosis & Fuerza Guerrera & Blue Panther

Loss

• 2 months later...

Super Muneco isn't as crisp and fast as the other luchadores in this match -- not many are -- but he has a likable charisma about him. Fuerza and Psicosis put him over strong in the opening moments of this. I think I've made this point a few times about 1995 lucha, but the first fall really is the perfect shine part of a Rock & Roll Express match, with all the athleticism and showboating designed to get the technicos over. If this was a showcase match that AAA threw out when going to other promotions, I think it would be remembered as the best showcase match of all time, even though the rudos won, in the sense that it was a really fun, rhythmic spotfest that was easy to follow because of the strong face/heel divide. It's a little bit emptier than the best lucha, but it's as fun and action-packed as just about anything I can recall.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

This was okay, with a hot third fall, but the first two falls didn't offer much. Muneco has a shitty rep but he's pretty fun here as the best possible babyface Doink or Bushwhacker, with a little more athletic cred than those guys. Fuerza does some great heeling and there's some good psychology surrounding the low blows and Octagon eventually paying him back. Once again Psicosis gets a submission on a major technico with the technico's own finisher, so his uber-push continues.

Tirantes is now sporting a blond dye job and if the goal of that was to make him even more punch-able, then mission accomplished.

• 2 years later...

Several cuts above your average AAA trios. No 3m stall to begin, high workrate throughout, good focus and things don't go to shit in the 2nd half. Not having a long beatdown appeals to me as well. The interactions between Misterio and Panther were a real treat. Panthro towered over him but Rey was greased lightening. Strong contributions from the others too. Does Super Muneco have a shitty rep? I've just got him down as one of those okay midcard guys who were overshadowed by their mini counterpart, like Espectro or Mascara Sagrada.

The execution was pretty good, though not flawless. The finish was the best part. You think you know what's about to happen and then BANG, 180 reversal.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-07-06-AAA-Sin Limite] Rey Misterio Jr & Octagon & Super Muneco vs Psicosis & Fuerza Guerrera & Blue Panther