Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-07-13-UWFi] Masahito Kakihara & Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yoji Anjo & Yoshihiro Takayama

Loss

• 2 months later...

Anjoh and Takayama, the Golden Cups (for reasons I don't know and don't care to), were a fun brains-and-brawn unit. Kakihara/Kanehara somewhat mirrors them, at least to the extent that Kanehara is best known for being a hard-hitting mofo and Kakihara is smooth as hell. Takayama vs Kanehara is the most consistently brutal pairing UWFi produced and this is no exception, albeit only one of four combinations.

This was everything I hoped it would be between four of my favorites. UWFI tags don't generally do as much for me as singles matches, but this was still excellent, and one of the few exceptions to that rule. Anjo and Takayama are among my absolute favorites, so seeing Kakihara and Kanehara work at (or possibly even above) their level was pretty awesome. Every single pairing worked. Excellent match.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-07-13-UWFi] Masahito Kakihara & Hiromitsu Kanehara vs Yoji Anjo & Yoshihiro Takayama