Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-07-15-USWA-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Buddy Landell

Loss

• 2 months later...

Now, we have Cornette and Landell in the USWA! Landell is coming in for a title match against Jerry Lawler. The promos in July 1995 are out of this world. Buddy Landell gives yet another classic.

"Up 'till about a year ago, I was my own worst enemy. I've been on top of this business, and I've made an awful lot of money, man. And I blew it! But a year ago, I defeated my own worst enemy, which is myself. I lost 50 lbs! Smoky Mountain Heavyweight Champion! I've defeated everybody here, and I come there a couple of weeks ago, and you have the audacity to stick me in the ring with a puke like Steve Dunn? I blew him up in three minutes, kicked a mudhole in him, and walked it dry. But now, I need that Unified title to accomplish another goal. I wanna be a World champion, whether it's gonna be in the WWF, wherever it's gonna be, I'm world championship material. And let me explain something to you. An awful lot of people have written Smoky Mountain Wrestling off. Let me tell you something, Smoky Mountain Wrestling is where it's at! See, because guys that are here can't get a job nowhere else because we're mean and nasty. I was once told by Eddie Marlin, 'Pack your bags up and leave, we're a family business, and you don't fit in with our plans.' Well that's fine, because I found a place where I fit in and fit in well, and that's Smoky Mountain Wrestling baby! I'm the man that stirs the drink here, jack. So Jerry Lawler, you've been around a long time. You've lived a good life. But let me clue you in on something -- I'm better than I've ever been before in my life."

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-07-15-USWA-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Buddy Landell