Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-07-15-ECW-Heatwave] Bill Alfonso and Tod Gordon

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There's not a more viscerally hated man in wrestling in '95 than Bill Alfonso. He has to duck trash from the crowd and gets a fan thrown out, which eggs the crowd on even more. He's out to shut down the show, but Tod Gordon is out to confront him. Alfonso gives him a ten-count to get out of the ring before he has the promotion shut down entirely and Gordon's license revoked, but Gordon clotheslines him at around 6. Gordon is pulled off by the ECW undercard, and it sounds like Alfonso is asking for the show to be shut down again. Not sure where this is going.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-07-15-ECW-Heatwave] Bill Alfonso and Tod Gordon
  • 1 year later...

Everyone in ECW from Fonzie to Joey to Paul E kept misusing the word "defy". He had banned the fans from the building for Heat Wave 95. He kept saying I defy the fans to show up. He wanted to say I dare the fans to defy me and show up. They kept using "defy" to mean "dare". It was wicked weird. Gordon decks him and loses his promoter's license in Pennsylvania. It is leading to Fonzie vs Gordon I imagine.