Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-08-14-WWF-Raw] Dean Douglas vignette

Loss

• 2 months later...

Today's word is execution. Shane Douglas's handwriting sucks. That's the most notable thing about this. This focuses on Bret's failure to hook the leg in his matches. Thrilling as it sounds. Shane's overly slow talking is terrible. If Goldust was one of Vince's greatest ideas, Dean Douglas was one of his worst.

Shane Douglas's handwriting sucks. That's the most notable thing about this.

I remember the last time I watched one of these the one thing that stuck out to me was that he randomly switched between upper-case and lower-case letters.

I just made a post entirely about Shane Douglas' writing habits.

Shane's overly slow talking is terrible. If Goldust was one of Vince's greatest ideas, Dean Douglas was one of his worst.

yeah, don't remember which but in some shoot Douglas told a story about how much he knew it sucked so one day he cut a Dean Douglas promo in more of his normal style while Vince was gone and everyone in the room loved it and said how much better it was. When Vince came back in, he did it for him, Vince didn't like it and then everyone else who'd said they loved it earlier refused to back him up & go against Vince so he got forced back into cutting the promos the crappy way McMahn wanted.

Think he said something about how it was supposedly based off a real life teacher Vince had years back that he hated.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A study in contrast with the Goldust promo. Dustin didn't have the act down pat yet, but he put more effort into a gimmick that could have been a disaster of Rooster-sized proportions than Shane did with his

Douglas calls out Bret Hart for failing to execute a proper leg hook. Somewhere Gorilla Monsoon is creaming his pants watching this. Douglas makes his "!" for the first time. Somewhere Elaine Benes is--oh, the hell with it.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-08-14-WWF-Raw] Dean Douglas vignette