Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-08-25-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke vs Dos Caras

Loss

• 2 months later...

Beautiful match. Some outstanding matwork in the early part of the match, which I attribute to Caras bringing the lucha. The match built in a classic way from spot to spot and was really well done. I wish I had more to say about it because this is a great match that deserves a full review. All I can really say is that I enjoyed it and found the matwork to be surprising. I thought this being M-Pro and Sasuke, it would be a pretty highspot heavy match. At the end, there's no shortage of them, but most of this is just really well done unique counters and exchanges on the mat. See this.

• 2 weeks later...

Sasuke impressed me by sliding smoothly into the lucha mat sequences. I know it's been said numerous times , but it's amazing that dude can walk, much less wrestle, 17 years later. That dive to nowhere followed by the power bomb to the barely padded floor made for a ridiculous pair of bumps. Caras went over incredibly strong here. I was a little surprised that Sasuke didn't even hint at a comeback, though it was fitting, given the offense he ate. Great addition to the set, because I never would have thought to seek it out.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Good match, with some great submissions by Dos, but he sure does spend a lot of time mugging to the crowd. Like, a lot. Like, every two freaking seconds. To the point of annoyance. Luckily he cuts it out as the match goes on. Dos splatters Sasuke with a power bomb off the apron to the floor, a true holy-shit spot that was almost out of place in its audaciousness. They have the decency to have that be the climax, with Sasuke killed dead and going down afterward. I suppose a legend like Dos wasn't going to fly halfway around the world to do a job in a gymnasium with no seating.

• 2 years later...

A tournament that involved such legends of the squared circle as Bandit, Golden Cross, Mongolian Yuga and Jerry Lynn. There's some fun matwork from the Luchador with holds you'd rarely see in Japan. His gesturing to the crowd was grating however. Sasuke seldom does anything interesting himself on the deck. It always picks up on his end once the aerial spots begin. In the end Caras went over with surprising conviction considering Sasuke was the top dog of the promotion. A curiosity.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-08-25-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke vs Dos Caras