Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-08-26-USWA-TV] Bill Dundee vs Buddy Landell / Bob Armstrong and Bill Dundee

Loss

• 2 months later...

Loser Leaves Town match from Mid South Coliseum. Nice action, but a short match. Landell hits Dundee with a chain three minutes in and gets a pin, but Frank Morrell fills the ref in on what happened and gets the decision reversed. Landell is out of town.

Back at the studio, HEEL SMW COMMISSIONER BOB ARMSTRONG IS IN MEMPHIS! This can only be amazing. Bob is being his usual awesome self before Bill Dundee interrupts him to take exception to Bob Armstrong taking exception to his win. After all the exception taking, Bob Armstrong puts his hat on backwards and says "Let me put my talkin' cap on" and you know things are heating up. Dundee pulls his tie and is ready to fight, and it's A CLIP-ON!!! Bob Armstrong says YOU DO NOT PULL MY OFFICIAL COMMISSIONER'S TIE and Jesse James Armstrong attacks Dundee from behind until PG-13 make the save. Road Dogg shows lots of fire here and this is a great beatdown. Plus, BOB ARMSTRONG IS IN THE USWA!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dundee wins a reverse-decision in a loser-leaves-town match against Buddy Landell, thanks to the timely intervention of Frank Morrell. Frank then proceeds to kick Landell's ass after the match, which is either a very effective final burial or some rather over-the-top booking. Commissioner Bob Armstrong (said by Lance Russell with a perfect note of disgust) is out to take exception to this, and it's as awesome as you could hope for. Bob laments how the USWA has robbed Landell of the chance to feed his family because they're beholden to a yes-man like Dundee, "the original Australian shrimp on the barbie." Bullet Bob is doing his exact same SMW shtick, including the hat-flipping and the clip-on tie, but as Dundee and Bob are about to go at it, Jesse James Armstrong debuts with a surprise sneak attack, putting Dundee out with the Dreaded Shinninomaki ™. PG-13 make the save. The Dundees vs. the Armstrongs is a feud I can get behind. More Evil Commissioner Bob, please!

• GSR changed the title to [1995-08-26-USWA-TV] Bill Dundee vs Buddy Landell / Bob Armstrong and Bill Dundee