Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-08-26-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 2 months later...

Classic Flair promo hyping Fall Brawl, talking about his history with Arn Anderson and how the Vader match was the biggest match of his career, and now it's this. He mentions seeing guys like Luger, Windham and Tully come and go, but they've been a constant. They've been around the world together, winning matches, breaking hearts and hitting bars. Flair says he has to prove to Arn why he's always been where he's been, and Arn has always been where he's been. I love this.

• 1 year later...

I hope you rewatch the match after seeing all the buildup. The match delivered based on what the feud was -- two guys working a match that neither one wanted to take, but both felt like they had to take, in order to make a bigger point. It wasn't a blood feud, so when people talk about how it should have been a brawl, I think they are missing the point.

Maybe so. I don't know when I'm gonna rewatch that match back, as I'm taking a break from WCW. I stop my watch as the Nitro era begins, for several reasons. One is that I'm feeling the burn out.:) Second is that these are the years I already know the most (although not the B shows so much), and I don't want to dwelve back into this right now. Maybe at some point I'll do a comparative watch of WCW and WWF from the debut of the Nitro era up to the end of 1997 which is the end of WCW's peak and basically the start of the Attitude era which I intent of never revisiting. I'm just taking a break now and maybe my next "project" with WCW will be to go through the Death of WCW, beginning with the Fingerpoke of Doom until the end. That is, if I have the courage to.;)

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-08-26-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair