Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-09-23-WWF-Superstars] Diesel & Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart & Yokozuna

Loss

• 2 months later...

It shows you where the company is at this stage when they come out together ... to Shawn's music. Shawn also does almost all of the talking. This is a promotion that doesn't do things like that by accident. Not sure why Shawn feels the need to do his full intro in wrestling gear. Owen, Yoko and Cornette interrupt before Shawn and Diesel even get a word in. Cornette gets in a funny jab at Vince while telling him they're going to take one of the belts. Shawn points out that only he is allowed to make fun of Vince.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Ross and Lawler inform us that Gorilla Monsoon has ensured a title change by waiving the DQ/countout rule. Before Shawn and Diesel can speak, Yokozuna's music hits and the heels are standing at...the podium (!). Thought that thing was long gone. Vince is INCENSED. Heels made so many toupee jokes around this time that I figured he must have really had one--it wasn't until 3/4 of the way through 1998 when I figured it wasn't because Austin hadn't ripped it off yet. Shawn, inspired by his buddy next to him, makes a hip-with-the-times reference to Mannix that's too old even for me to get. Then Diesel calls Cornette "Dr. Redundancy" before reciting Shawn's previous spiel almost to the letter.

Not much to this--these are the types of promos and angles that Jim Ross is talking about when it comes to lack of heat, lack of drama, and lack of heels being heels.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-09-23-WWF-Superstars] Diesel & Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart & Yokozuna