Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-09-23-WCW-Saturday Night] Ric Flair and Sting

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes of Sting vs Regal. Eaton tries to interfere and Flair runs him off. After the match, Flair pleads to Sting to be his partner, but Sting isn't having it. Knowing the end result of all this makes Flair's performance here even better. Flair even gets on his knees and begs Sting. GREAT segment.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great segment, and it's striking how much lively this looks compared to the tired "one guy in the ring / one guy on the ramp" or over-scripted and badly acted "backstage vignette" format that has become the standart since the late 90's/early 00's. Flair is awesome here, and Sting is very efficient too. No trust, no shit.

• 1 year later...

Ric imitating Sting's howl is fantastic. I have to admit that I never quite got what the purpose of this grand plan was. Did Flair and Arn have a legit falling out and secret reformation, or was this whole thing a long con? If it was the latter, why go to all that trouble just to kick Sting's ass? I tend to groan when the previous 30 minutes of a TV show or movie was the VILLAIN'S PLAN ALL ALONG, so as great as Ric is I've never been quite as high on this angle as others.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-09-23-WCW-Saturday Night] Ric Flair and Sting