Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-09-24-WWF-In Your House III] Diesel & Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart & Yokozuna

Loss

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing the real reason was, "We don't want any of these teams to win the titles, so let's figure out a creative way to get out of the promised stipulation." Cornette was on the creative team around this time, so they had the expert in getting out of promised stips right there in the match.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Owen sneaking in and pinning Shawn for the IC Title would have been a MUCH better idea to me...

Then the next night could have either a rematch on TV or build to it with the title held-up...Owen vs. Shawn for OCt would have made WAY more sense that Douglas...but the Marines in Syracuse had other ideas..

So...Owen keeps the belt and drops it to Razor in OCt and things can go from there if needed....I'd have Owen keep it longer though....maybe drop it on TV to Razor later in one of those long TV matches that we could be talking about as a gem in a shit year...

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Weird finish that certainly didn't do Owen any favors. But the action before that was really good--Davey Boy getting whipped into Yokozuna and then getting crushed was a fun spot, as was Shawn using the flying elbow to make a save for Diesel. Shawn & Diesel win the tag titles, which of course isn't going to last.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-09-24-WWF-In Your House III] Diesel & Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart & Yokozuna
  • 3 years later...

Bulldog is replacing Owen, who has been missing since the show started. This is the first In Your House event to not feature Diesel in a singles match and it's also the first In Your House main event to not completely suck. Coincidence? I think not. There's an awkward moment where Bulldog struggles to get Diesel up for a suplex and I wondering if that was intentional sandbagging by Diesel or if it was just a botch. Michaels wrestles the majority of the match for his team and he's brilliant as always. I love the sumo stand-off that he and Yokozuna had and he ragdolls himself all over the place for Bulldog and Yoko. Yoko might be gaining an alarming amount of weight by this point, he's still able to throw himself around the place when he needs to. Like the Ramon/Douglas match from earlier on, this is yet another decent match hindered by its poor finish. Owen Hart makes an appearance during the final few moments and ends up eating a powerbomb from Diesel and taking the pin. This whole 'Owen Is Missing' storyline was just an excuse to give the fans a feel-good ending to the PPV as the titles would be awarded back to Owen & Yoko the next night on Raw as Owen wasn't technically in the match. ★★¾